7mm rem mag geneology - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Rifles Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #1

7mm rem mag geneology

I have a custom Kimber 7mm rem mag from 1984 or 1985. Here are the kickers though.
1) Sako AV action.
2) The barrel is unstamped with the Kimber of Oregon Clackamas, Oregon stamping. Only 7mm rem. mag is stamped

I know that the gun order was placed with Kimber of Oregon as I was with my father when the order was made. Does anyone else have a Kimber of Oregon custom rifle like this? I also have a 3 digit serial numbered Kimber of Oregon .223 rem too, but it is more stereo typical of the Kimber of Oregon rifles as far as the stamp and action go. Also to further cause me confusion, we sent the rifle back to Kimber of Oregon to have open iron sights installed, and I am the one who boxed it up and put the shipping label on it. Talk about confusing. I know who really care right since I will never get rid of my Kimber of Oregon rifles, but what caused the question was when I went to insure them. It was not until I started getting home owners insurance quotes to cover my collection that I ran into the authenticity issue of the rifle. I spoke with Dan Cooper, but he only said back in the beginning all kinds of custom odd ball rifles were built.
Webphut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Webphut.