Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kimber Varmint Stainless fluted barrel

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
I have a Kimber Stainless 8400 with a fluted barrel. I have a picture of a 3 shot group at 200 yards of less than 1/2 inch with handloads. The question I have is this. My original records show this gun to have a 1 in 14 twist. When I check the Kimber website I see 1 in 12. I only shoot Hornady 55 grain bullets and have killed enough coyotes to make fur for 50. I want to try a little heavier bullets, but I know 55 is about the limit for 1 in 14. I have some 60 grain Hornady's that I want to load for the 22-250 but wondered if anyone else has tried this. I am very conservative when it comes to guns and politicians so I am just asking. Thanks and God Bless America

#2 ·
I don't have an answer for you but since there seems to be a discrepancy in what your records show and what Kimber says, I'd suggest calling Kimber with the serial number of your rifle and ask what their actual records show.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M-F, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern

Reactions: 2sharp2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.