Solo Gone - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #1

Solo Gone

Well I have owned this solo for 13 months and I could no longer trust it.
I wanted it to be my EDC but that didn't happen. Every 50 to 100 rounds I would have a FTF round. I used the recommended ammo and kept it clean. I could have sent it back but people have been sending them back multiple times. I have lost all faith in Kimber and will never buy anything from them. Now I know there will be lots of bitching but when you pay $750.00 for a pistol they need to do there job before they hit the market. I know nothing is perfect but there is way to many complaints with the Solo. I have a cheap Ruger LCP ($300.00) with
500 rounds through it without fail. I even sent the CEO an e-mail and told him how much I like his quality and keep up the good work. Out of all the pistols I own Kimber was the only problem. Its to easy for companies to build something send it to the market only to be returned. Whats really sad, this gun could have been the best EDC on the market with its rounded edges its great fit. I was sad to sell it but couldn't trust it.....

Why not slow down and build QUALITY.................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 103_0964.JPG (644.8 KB, 2 views)
RustyIron and starnovi like this.
oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #2

image.jpeg
It is better to have loved and lost; than to never have loved at all.
P938-live to love again.
Tinman and starnovi like this.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #3

Sorry it didn't work out for you.
starnovi likes this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #4

Totally understand! Have 2 Kimbers that work just fine, but my new micro 380, which I hoped would be an EDC, is back at Kimber. I hope it comes back in great shape & that I will be able to carry it with confidence, if not, I'm done too. I feel the same way, if you're spending $ on a product it should perform!
oreo likes this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #5

Not every item is good for every person.

As much as I tried, I had no luck with redheads.

I currently own a Kimber UC2 that never fails. You had problems with one model. I suggest you test other pistols in their line of products.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:50 AM   #6

If you want a striker fired pistol the Solo would probably not be your best choice. It is unfortunate you can't trust it, I guess from Kimber's point of view on a grand scale the percentage of Solo problems is small but that does not help you or others with problems.

Kimber's quality and strong customer base was built on the 1911 platform. I may be lucky or one in a million but I currently own 12Kimber 1911 pistols some were purchased new in box others were used but like new in box and one had been modified and used. All of them have functioned perfectly without any failures of any kind. Some have been disassembled, lubed and fired and some just lubed and fired on purpose to see how they performed.
The only problem that has occurred pretty regular is loose grip screws.
Does any of this help you? No. It would be like going to a great hamburger joint and you order fish and they bring you frozen fish sticks.
Hate to see you give up on a good company but totally understand.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #7

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Totally understand! Have 2 Kimbers that work just fine, but my new micro 380, which I hoped would be an EDC, is back at Kimber. I hope it comes back in great shape & that I will be able to carry it with confidence, if not, I'm done too. I feel the same way, if you're spending $ on a product it should perform!
Micro is kind of like the Solo with the fact it is not a true 1911 design except in appearance.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #8

Originally Posted by oreo View Post
I wanted it to be my EDC but that didn't happen.

Don't blame the gun, Oreo. It's all about the shooter.

The problem is people like you who have unreasonably high expectations from a gun. Your intolerance and anger sets you apart from the nearly two dozen satisfied Solo owners--but that doesn't make you a bad person. I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life, but maybe you should stick with gun brands like Sig or HK, that are less likely to have repeated failures that send you into one of your moods.

Rob

P.S.
It's Saturday. There's still plenty of time this weekend to go shopping for a gun that just works.

P.P.S.
My Solo is gone, too. I honestly think that Kimber misnamed it; it should have been the Kimber Millennial. It's more of a gun made for this new generation of Millennial Kids. Both look pretty enough, but neither can do a lick of work. The only option is to send it back to Kimber University of Yonkers (free of course), which is a total waste of time and money. When it comes back, there's big talk about how it's much better now and ready for action, but the first time you put it to work, it fails again. Disappointed, you keep it at home in the basement, where it languishes until you become so fed up that you finally kick it out.
oreo, Cucamonga kid and John316 like this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #9

I not here to make people upset, Iam just so dam pissed that the products we buy today are just junk. It can be a Tv ,Dishwasher, Hot Water tank,etc. My 3 year furnace the board burn up and the Tech says thats what you get today. It just seems that we are ok with it and business's continue turning out junk.. I not here to offended anyone....but maybe we need to boycott and get them where it hurts.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #10

Maybe Kimber makes a better 1911 size pistol vs small.