Kimber Talk Forums banner

Happy Solo Owner

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
The more I read on this forum of all the issues with the Solo makes me Appreciate my DC SOLO more than ever. I'm just waiting for Meryl Streep to start Bashing the Solo.

#8 ·
Bought my Solo in the fall of 2015. 400 to 500 rounds. It has not been Yonkered I did have Kimber send me a replacement Mag. it was not locking back on last shot. That took care of problem. I alternate my choice of carry between Kimber, Colt, & Glock.

Reactions: Cucamonga kid
#9 ·
Happy camper hopefully

I hope my solo becomes like yours !
Bought mine 12.5.16, put ~400 various "premium" rounds through it.
got RMA from kimber, 12.15.16 sent back for these problems:
never a completed 7 rounds without a fail to chamber, fail to eject, stovepipe, except using remington golden sabre was perfect,
rear sight loosened and nearly fell off,
slide after 200 rounds would not stay back after last shot fired.
very frustrating for high dollar mouse gun to behave like this.
Bought Solo because safety and magazine release both ambidextrous.

#10 ·
And I gave my dear father mine....What point were you trying to make stirrer of the kettle..:)

I thought he gave them Sigs and since Chuck won't on a plastic gun I don't believe he would give them to his children... I may be wrong but he'll come along later and correct one of us.

#26 ·
I've been very pleased with my Solo DC. At first it was a little stiff, but that's to be expected. After 250 or so rounds, I can cycle it by hand with no problems and have had no failures at all. It took some time and patience to get to where I was shooting halfway decent, but I know that was operator error causing my issues. Overall I love how easy it is to conceal and wear it in an AIWB Kydex holster 7 days a week comfortably.

#27 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois 10up2down, how about going over to our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.