Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Tejun
  • 1 Post By Nellybelle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #1

Project Bayou Self

I've named my project to get my Solo functioning as it should Project Solo as when you are going solo, you are "bayou self" as any card carrying coonass would call it

Last week I ordered all the parts and pieces to replace the magazine release assembly. Today it promptly arrived so as soon as I got home I dove in and took the gun apart to compare the old parts with the new one's. Nothing really looked apparent, in comparison, that could be causing the magazine to release while firing. After studying everything carefully, I began to reassemble the gun with the new parts. This took all of 20 minutes to complete. A distinct difference from the first time I disassembled/reassembled the mag release assembly as it took me most of an afternoon to do it.

One thing I did notice when reassembling was the new release button groove lined up much better to allow installation of the roll pin. With the old button, I had to turn the button clockwise about 1/16" to get the groove to line up with the frame groove. This would pre-load the magazine release catch, essentially moving it in the release direction without even pressing the button. The new button once completely assembled has a better feel to it and the release is much crisper. I'm hopeful this will resolve the remaining issue with this nice little pistol.

Have the gun all assembled and ready to go to the range. Have the new (unshimmed) mag loaded up with 6 rounds to let it sit until I can get to the range, which unfortunately won't be till next week. I'm headed to New Orleans Wednesday for our annual Mardi Gras Parade in the French Qtr.
Nellybelle, Marshall, YuK and 1 others like this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #2

Can't wait to hear the results .
the iceman likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote