Solo information - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #1

Solo information

With all the controversy and comments made lately about the Solo, I took the liberty to call Kimber and ask them to address some of the issues. I asked for a supervisor and spoke to a gentleman that I have spoken to before. Out of courtesy and respect for him I prefer to keep his name anonymous.

First let me say that he was aware of the recent comments even though Kimber does not officially monitor this site. He told me the following.

#1. The Kimber Solo line has been increased and there is NO intention to quit making the Solo. Obvious by the introduction of the new Solo models this year.
#2. There has been minor production changes made to facilitate the production process.
#3. The Solo has similar return percentages as other pistols in the Kimber line.
#4. They are aware of the person making the comments and post and assured me he is NOT now or ever HAS been a Kimber employee.
#5. The Solo remains one of their best selling products.
#6. Again I was told the main problem with the returns is, failure to follow ammunition and lubrication instructions, along with correct loading of the magazines.
I hope this helps to clear the air regarding the Solo status.
If you have a Solo and it does not work correctly, I encourage you to send it back and talk to Kimber. I did and mine now works perfect. If you have and still do not have satisfaction I do not fault you for choosing another pistol.

One more thing, I do not work for Kimber. I simply have three different models that all three had initial feeding issue and all three now work fine.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #2

Good news, thanks for the update!
Nellybelle likes this.
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanks Dan I appreciate you digging into this, even retired you're still one hell of a detective.
Nellybelle, 5Wire, 2sharp2 and 1 others like this.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 AM   #4

Somehow your fact finding mission makes me feel a little better while waiting for our imploded Solo. Mr. Fake Kimber went on quite the rampage which was a bit of a downer for owners of broken Solos.

(Even if he was full of fluff.)
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:54 AM   #5

You are right Husker, all any of us want is the truth. Good luck on your Solo. They are too nice of a weapon not to work right. Just keep after them until it does.
glokrok likes this.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:03 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
With all the controversy and comments made lately about the Solo, I took the liberty to call Kimber and ask them to address some of the issues. I asked for a supervisor and spoke to a gentleman that I have spoken to before. Out of courtesy and respect for him I prefer to keep his name anonymous.

First let me say that he was aware of the recent comments even though Kimber does not officially monitor this site. He told me the following.

#3. The Solo has similar return percentages as other pistols in the Kimber line.

#6. Again I was told the main problem with the returns is, failure to follow ammunition and lubrication instructions, along with correct loading of the magazines.
)

If the return rate on Solos is the same as their 1911 lineup, and one of the main reasons for return of Solos is simply not using recommended ammo, then the Solo must be the most reliable gun they sell if used with recommended ammo. How many here, 5Wire, Nellyblle and others, returned your gun because you weren't using recommended ammo?

How many here solved pin walking, safety falling off, sights falling off, grips falling off, can't chamber a round by racking the slide, all these issues and more... by properly lubricating the gun? How many here who returned their gun to Kimber got their gun back indicating all it needed was proper lubrication?

How many here think a properly designed handgun requires the operator to get special training to load the magazine that's different from any other autoloaders? How many here returned thier Solo to Kimber for repairs because they were not properly loading the magazine?

Is what Kimber is claimed to be saying here match your experience with your Solo?

Heck, if the returns y'all have had with your Solo is as Kimber claims... customers are too stupid to use the recommended ammo, can't figure out how to lubricate the gun or load yer magazine, then maybe I'll buy one. Cuz I ant that stupid as Kimber claims their customer base is. Are you?

Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
You are right Husker, all any of us want is the truth..

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-09-2015 at 07:54 AM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #7

There's a great movie I think some of you would love, Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, go check out

Oreste and Hoffbrew like this.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 05-09-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #8

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #9

Phil, you make an interesting summary. I sent mine back because of failure to feed. I didn't have sights falling off but I think someone did. I also had trouble with my other two Kimbers and they are not Solos. I would like to know exactly how many Solo owners on here sent theirs back? They're not all bad or have problems. I wished you owned one you may feel different.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:31 AM   #10

Zoom baby. That's funny and you are right!
Zoomybaby likes this.

Search tags for this page

did kimber quit making the solo

did kimber quit making the solo?
Click on a term to search for related topics.