Oh look, the new flavor of the week 9mm CCW is a POS too! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 02:53 AM   #1

Oh look, the new flavor of the week 9mm CCW is a POS too!

The Sig Sauer P365 is the current darling, all the rage of the conceal carry 9mm world. The same 'world' that boo-hissed the Solo out of existence. Sig? Oh SIG! Sig is the gold standard of awesome sauce! They NEVER screw it up! Why, if Sig made it, it MUST be great!!

Wrong. It's a piece of poop.

I will give up my Solo when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. Dead, from natural causes, not from losing a gun fight.
Soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #2

I have both the solo and the new sig p365, both work perfectly for me. No malfunctions on either. That being said, the sig is a little big for pocket carry. In hotter days my solo is in my pocket, actually I have 3 I rotate. On cooler days when I weat a looser shirt along with under shirt I carry the sig. I do take my rotation of handguns to the range once a week! Your choice you find what works for you, but let others decide. Just like you might like ford and I like chevy. Enough said enjoy your day and be safe.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #3

Just once--even if it's a lie--can't one of you guys say...

"There I was, facing seven Crips. I pulled out my trusty Solo, and she jammed on the FTF. Then I pulled out my tried and true polished knife, killed the Crips and and another three Bloods by accident..."

But, no, that's never going to happen. Most of you guys will pay escalating charges for multiple return work to Yonkers, while one togishi could have made you invincible!
CharlieW, 2sharp2, bhunted and 4 others like this.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:44 AM   #4

My brother-in-law came for a visit last week from Scottsdale Arizona to get out of the heat and brought his 365. I got a chance to shoot it up in the woods and I must say if it weren't for the big price difference I would sell my 938 to get one for myself. It's a soft shooter and just as accurate and holds more ammo. More ammo good. It's interesting how I change my mind because three years ago you could not even give me a plastic gun; I wouldn't even look at one at my LGS.( Maybe trade in the Shield for 365-Hmm.) 😏
Tejun and 427malibu like this.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:55 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Soloist View Post
The Sig Sauer P365 is the current darling, all the rage of the conceal carry 9mm world. The same 'world' that boo-hissed the Solo out of existence. Sig? Oh SIG! Sig is the gold standard of awesome sauce! They NEVER screw it up! Why, if Sig made it, it MUST be great!!

Wrong. It's a piece of poop.
A good friend of mine bought the new Sig and loves it. If you're ever in the Lou maybe he will meet you around Hwy 55 & 270 to try yours out.

He would love to host you in some backyard shooting to see if either A: you can make his gun jam or B: He can make yours run flawlessly.....

Last edited by Marshall; 07-08-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #6

I got a Solo to play with.

"Pew! Pew! Pew! You're dead!"

"Am not! You missed!"

"Are so, you cheater!"

"Eat worms, wookie breath!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 8.00.24 AM.jpg (280.5 KB, 14 views)

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
My brother-in-law came for a visit last week from Scottsdale Arizona to get out of the heat and brought his 365. I got a chance to shoot it up in the woods and I must say if it weren't for the big price difference I would sell my 938 to get one for myself. It's a soft shooter and just as accurate and holds more ammo. More ammo good. It's interesting how I change my mind because three years ago you could not even give me a plastic gun; I wouldn't even look at one at my LGS.( Maybe trade in the Shield for 365-Hmm.) 😏
Looking at the two together there's not a lot of difference except the round capacity...

The P365s proprietary magazine design allows for 10+1 round capacity in both the flush fit and extended grip sizes and an unparalleled 12+1 round capacity in the fully-extended version.

I have enough compact 9mm's, but the Sig is an interesting looking little shooter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (259.0 KB, 13 views)
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #8

P365...

Think Glock 43 that holds 10 = Game changer.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #9

Hmm? … don't own a Solo and probably never will, nor do I have any interest in a Micro 9. Especially after shooting one. Half the people love them … the other half hates them … they don't interest me at all.

The 365 has some interesting points but not enough to make me trade my 320. The 320 sub-compact holds 12+1 all the time and can do 15+1 if needed or wanted. The only real difference in the two, that I can see is the 320 has a slightly fatter grip frame and frankly I like that. It fits me better than any of the others.

My 320 has had the infamous "recall" and been tuned with a full APEX kit. It has night sights and will shoot with any small 9 you want to bring and a bunch of bigger ones too. And in almost 3000 rounds it has NEVER failed one time. Not one jam, FE, FF or stove pipe … NOT ONE EVER.

Just throwing another log on the fire … And as a well known contrarian … on the Ford vs Chevy thing … I drove Firebirds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0488.JPG (2.37 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0492.JPG (2.28 MB, 11 views)
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #10

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
P365...

Think Glock 43 that holds 10 = Game changer.
Great point Phil. The G43 is a little bigger, but as you pointed out it carries more ammo without increasing the size.

https://loadoutroom.com/45708/sig-sa...-size-matters/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault (1).jpg (280.5 KB, 10 views)
RustyIron and ChattanoogaPhil like this.