Anyone In the market for a Solo ? - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #11

Yes, thanks. Look forward to the discussion threads.
Johnang is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #12

Buy my Solo...Bhahahahah.

Welcome to the site from Tennessee. If you haven't been welcomed already.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:05 PM   #13

Welcome to group.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #14

Originally Posted by Johnang View Post
New member. Looking to find a buyer for my solo.
It seems you've stirred up the Solo haters who sit at their keyboards looking for an argument. All the bad-ass real-deal Solo packing operators are out protecting our shopping malls from skateboarders and teenagers groping each other inappropriately.

But seriously, I would be interested. First, you have to be in California because I can't bring a Solo from out-of-state. Secondly, it would have to be really cheap because I fully intend to do some serious gunsmithing on it, which might result in ruining it altogether... worse than a Solo is right out of the factory.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #15

I am in CT. Thanks for the welcome reach outs!!👍
RustyIron likes this.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM   #16

Originally Posted by Johnang View Post
If anyone is interested please post your email and Iíll contact you directly.
I think at this point everybody is interested. However, to weed out the lookee-loos and get some serious contenders you should tell us what you're asking for it.
Also curious why you want to get rid of it after one year.
Anyone seriously interested can send you a private message (PM) on the forum.

PS: be advised that if there is anything wrong with the pistols fit, finish or function; call Kimber Customer Service because they have been known to correct issues like that even for secondhand buyers and pistols out of warranty.
For example troublesome Solos have been returned to the buyer with a complete "Yonker" job to include rereaming of the chamber, polishing of the feed ramp, new recoil springs, new extractors etc.
In some cases if they cannot be fixed to the customers satisfaction they have offered a full MSR credit toward any of their other products. So if you were having issues with the pistol that is your best course of action deal with Customer Service.
2sharp2, Maineiac64, Tejun and 3 others like this.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #17

Actually, I did send it back to Yonkers. As I was experiencing jamming. They replaced the small spring that the slide stop slips into, and returned it, No more issues.. I have all the correspondence with Kimber as well.. The Solo fires great with 124 and 147gr ammo. This was my first hand gun. I knew Kimber had stopped production when I purchased the Solo, what I didn’t know was all the Solo nuances, like replacing the recoil spring more frequently, as well as slide stop and spring installation that requires such precision. I’m concerned if I damage these parts, if needed, will not be available?? This is why I was possibly looking to see if there is any interest in someone purchasing the Solo and I would move on and purchase a new 9MM CC.Maybe I’m
wrong and I should keep the Solo.
Convince me otherwise..
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #18

Honestly I don't think you're going to get the kind of money you would want to for a pistol that's been dropped from their lineup and is known to be problematic. Personally I would not offer more than $300 for it because I just bought a new Micro 9 with Crimson trace laser grips for $600. and it has been perfect in every sense. If you don't get an offer close to what you paid for it I would just keep it. In 20 to 30 years it might start to increase in value as being a collectors item. It's too bad you didn't join the forum and sought some advice before you bought it. Anyway, wish you the best of luck.
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #19

Thanks. I wish I had known this community was so wide spread, my bad, for sure..My worry is whether to keep this as my self defense weapon or just put it away and shoot it every once in a while at the range, if selling it doesn’t work out..
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #20

If you decide to keep it or if I had it and I decided to keep it I would order at least two more recoil spring assembly's at the very least. They're not that expensive and then you'd have them if they ever ran out of stock at Kimber. If you can afford to I would keep it; put it in the safe and hand it down to one of your grandkids someday as an heirloom. But remember before you put it away, if that's what you do, take the batteries out of the laser grips so that they wouldn't corrode or leak overtime.

PS: don't take all the kidding personally. If you read through the old Solo forums you'll see that it has created more controversy than any other gun or any other brand on this forum to date. Some folks love em some folks hate em. There isn't anybody without a strong position or opinion on the now extinct Kimber Solo.

One more thing for you. I noticed your serial number is pretty high you can call Kimber and find out the date of manufacture by giving them your serial number. I think you have a pretty recent model which is a good thing.