Thought I Had a Lemon...Then I loaded some HST +Ps - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree27Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #21

Try some 135 grn hydro shok ammo. Been using it for years on my 3 and not a single hickup..Mine dont even get through 1 round of blazer.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Unread 08-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #22

The very few issues mentioned in regard to the Evo also involved Blazer ammo. Seeing a theme here....

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #23

Figures. I just bought 2,000 rounds of it. My Glock 19x eats it up just fine though. I'm getting ready to make another ammo purchase here soon anyways. election year and all. I'll check out the hydroshoks. I'd like something a little less snappy than the HSTs.
Mr. Gun Nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #24
YuK

Originally Posted by Warthogge View Post
Hello Yuk - Do you have any recommendations for a 9mm chamber reamer? Some seem to be quite expensive.
Hi
Frankly, I have no idea witch reamer. I am using companyís one. But maybe because you donít need it often, just come to your gunsmith. The reaming should be light. Ones you do it, it will fix the issue for the next 3-5K rounds.
YuK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #25

Originally Posted by Mr. Gun Nut View Post
This was kind of an impulse buy. It just seemed like everything you would ever want in a pocket sized 9mm. As it turned out, it is afaic. After about a dozen FTEs out of 100 rounds of Blazer FMJ 124 gr, I was ready to send it back to Yonkers. Then I read up about the ammo requirements which, I confess, sounded like bullshit initially. So back to the range I went with about 60 Federal HST +Ps. It took me 1 magazine to figure out that I didn't have the slide stop spring engaged with the slide stop. I disassembled it and reassembled it properly and proceeded to blow through the rest of the HST +Ps without a hiccup. It functioned flawlessly with the HSTs and a few drops of lube in the appropriate places. Recoil is brutal. Had to apply a bandaid to my trigger finger and there's a nice new blister on my ring finger.
If you can find them, try Remington Ultimate Defense 124gr. My Solo eats them like candy. It is what I carry. My Solo does have issues with cheap range ammo, but it shoots my carry ammo 100 decent reliably, so I'm okay with that.
YuK and 427malibu like this.

Last edited by Holster; 08-10-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #26

Red face

Originally Posted by YuK View Post
Hi
Frankly, I have no idea witch reamer. I am using companyís one. But maybe because you donít need it often, just come to your gunsmith. The reaming should be light. Ones you do it, it will fix the issue for the next 3-5K rounds.
Thanks Yuk. I really don't have a problem with misfeeds etc. (about 4 or 5 out of a 1000, but thought a polish of the chamber might improve it to the point of ~zero.https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/im...ons/icon11.gif
Warthogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #27

Originally Posted by Mr. Gun Nut View Post
The HST+Ps were brutal. They weren't quite as bad as a scandium aluminum J frame .357 but it was approaching that. I'm going to have to try some different ammunition so I can find something that's fully reliable but shootable.
I can relate to the SC smith.357 extremely Brutal. It makes my Ruger LCR .357 feel like a cap gun.
RickyRed is offline   Reply With Quote