Replacement Solo from Kimber - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nellybelle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2015, 01:31 AM   #1

Replacement Solo from Kimber

Today Sunday 11 am finally off to the range with the replacement Solo Kimber sent back to me. Brought with 10 6 round magazines. First 5 loaded with Remington Golden Saber 124 JHP. All ran fine no problems. Magazines 6 through 10 had Speer lawman 124 TMJ. Mag 6 and 7 ran fine. Mag. 8 round 3 had a FTE. Mag 9 round 5 Had a FTE.
Mag. 10 2nd. round FTF. and round 5 FTF.
I was hoping to purchase Ammo at the range but they were out of most everything. What they had on hand was reloads, Wolf, UMC, and Winchester white box most of the list was 115 gr. and did not want to run non recommended ammo.
Yesterday I stopped in 2 different gun stores and Wally world, they all were low on 9mm. The only thing they had was 115 gr.
I have 5 boxes of American Eagle 147 gr. FMJ but did not grab any on the way out.
We have a gun show coming up in a week or so and plan to stock up on everything. The summer months in Vegas are a little warm for outdoor ranges. Today was 112. The indoor range was close to 90 before we left so the lack of ammo was O.K. By the way before being asked yes I striped it down, cleaned, and lubed it before the range. I will do the after cleaning in the morning before the garage heats up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0141.JPG (1.25 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.JPG (1.42 MB, 6 views)
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #2

Get 147 gr if you can. Should run great .
I admire your patience over your frustration.
Good luck
Dan
Oreste likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #3

It sounds to me that the gun is fine. It shot the recommended ammo with no issues. Speer Lawman, although it is fine ammo, isn't on Kimber's recommended list. Mine is the same, it shoots all Kimber's specifically recommended ammo perfectly, but will fail with others. It also shoots my carry ammo, Ultimate Defense, basically Golden Saber, just fine.

With more rounds through it, it will loosen up even more and will run nicely. I occasionally run cheaper ammo through mine, and it works okay for the range, usually getting through a couple of mags before a FTE, but mainly I shoot what is recommended. It is my carry gun, and it works with what I carry and has for 1500 rounds.
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber solo mim parts

kimber solo trigger replacement

Click on a term to search for related topics.