New Solo Purchase - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

New Solo Purchase

Well, bought one and it does everything I want it to do except eject the casing reliably. Fired about 200 rounds through it and gave up, sent it back to Kimber.

Shot about 100 rounds and had too many casing not ejecting reliably. Got Kimber to authorize an RMA, took it home, cleaned it. Fired again but still not 100% confident so I used the RMA and sent it back. Should get it back in a couple of weeks so we'll see.
Zoomybaby likes this.
aklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #2

Better off getting them to fine tune it for you, you want it to be perfect, I bet you will be pleased when you get it back

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #3

Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Well, bought one and it does everything I want it to do except eject the casing reliably. Fired about 200 rounds through it and gave up, sent it back to Kimber.

Shot about 100 rounds and had too many casing not ejecting reliably. Got Kimber to authorize an RMA, took it home, cleaned it. Fired again but still not 100% confident so I used the RMA and sent it back. Should get it back in a couple of weeks so we'll see.
Kimber is quick getting the RMA and labels to you. I got mine while I was still on the phone with them.

Out of curiosity, what ammo were you shooting?
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #4

Question Hey Ya'll!!!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
Monroe5.jpg

Sorry to hear about your grief with your new Solo. You made the correct decision..... let Kimber deal with the grief!! Most sad Solo stories turn into "happily ever after" once the pistol comes back from Kimber.

I'm just not sure why Kimber doesn't go over the Solo pistols better before they ship them. It would certainly save a lot of time, expense and effort of their part and a lot of grief for their customers. Hello, Kimber!!! Are you listening???? I know that they are aware of our existence. Do you folks read this stuff?? Why are the Solos the only pistol with these type of issues???

Life will be better when you get your Solo back. Shoot the hell out of it and enjoy!!! Be safe!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:38 AM   #5

Hang in there it is worth it I promise. I love my Solo. I have several EDC's to choose from and I always come back to the Solo. I like my P938 and my new S&W 638 but the Solo is a dream in my Galco ankle holster. Great for EDC and Motorcycle riding.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois aklim and congratulations on the new Solo.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Holster View Post
Kimber is quick getting the RMA and labels to you. I got mine while I was still on the phone with them.

Out of curiosity, what ammo were you shooting?
Each of the recommended types. However, the Federal Premium HST seemed most reliable. 124 gr and standard pressure.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #8

Sure it shoots hard and isn't as accurate as a full size gun but for EDC it is hard to beat unless you count the inability to eject spent cases reliably. Even with larger magazine we had the issue
Old 08-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #9

Ya, I agree with the others. The Solo can be a pain to get fine tuned, but it is worth it.

Went to the range last night with 4 guns and kept going back to our Solo CDP LG. Chewed through a few boxes of American Eagle 147gr like butter. It is fun to shoot and is surprisingly accurate. Kicking butt using the laser grip to boot.
Chuck43 likes this.
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #10

Haven't shot 147 yet. Sticking with the 124 so far. Might give that a shot if it fails to eject