looking for solutions - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #1

looking for solutions

Hey guys I'm new to the forum I'm looking for any ideas or anyone that can zero me in on a fix for my solo. Can't send it in to Kimber I just purchased it yesterday used at buds gun shop. I believe it to be a newer model the serial number begins in 114 it's certainly in great condition. I love the gun and really want to get it running I have my own range so after attempting a several mags without luck I've started tinkering with what info I've been able to find online. The single problem I'm having is like most I've read fte the empty hull is getting pulled halfway out and getting wedged by the next round or the barrel itself and then the extractor is pulling off. I put a stiffer spring in the extractor but no luck there I think it may be the angle of the extractor that's off because the barrel tilts so severely. I may be way off but I'm just going on my experience and what little knowledge is rattling around in my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And so you guys know I have been trying to shoot 124gr and 147gr ammo that's definitely not the problem.
durham79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #2

I can't really help diagnose your problem, but I'm curious why you can't send it back to Kimber. I think they will offer to repair it, if you give them a call.
Chuck43 and Oreste like this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 AM   #3
YuK

Originally Posted by durham79 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the forum I'm looking for any ideas or anyone that can zero me in on a fix for my solo. Can't send it in to Kimber I just purchased it yesterday used at buds gun shop. I believe it to be a newer model the serial number begins in 114 it's certainly in great condition. I love the gun and really want to get it running I have my own range so after attempting a several mags without luck I've started tinkering with what info I've been able to find online. The single problem I'm having is like most I've read fte the empty hull is getting pulled halfway out and getting wedged by the next round or the barrel itself and then the extractor is pulling off. I put a stiffer spring in the extractor but no luck there I think it may be the angle of the extractor that's off because the barrel tilts so severely. I may be way off but I'm just going on my experience and what little knowledge is rattling around in my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And so you guys know I have been trying to shoot 124gr and 147gr ammo that's definitely not the problem.
You need to ream the chamber. Take the barrel out and bring it to gunsmith or do it by yourself if you have a reamer for chamber 9mm caliber
YuK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2015, 05:36 AM   #4

I am with Rusty, why won't Kimber look at it?
Chuck43 likes this.
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois durham79. I'm with the others, give Kimbers customer service a call and explain the problem you're having. Just because you purchased the gun used doesn't mean they won't service it, a friend of mine bought a used Kimber that was giving him problems. Not only did they fix the problem they refinished the dinged up slide that he never mentioned to them.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M–F, 9 a.m.–7 p.m. Eastern

Old 08-31-2015, 06:58 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to loadedround
I thought that Kimber had a lifetime warranty on their pistols.
loadedround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:45 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by loadedround View Post
I thought that Kimber had a lifetime warranty on their pistols.
No sir, it's only 1 year, but Kimber has a reputation for going above and beyond their stated warranty.

Warranty Coverage
Terms of Warranty & Service Agreement

This limited warranty has been drafted in compliance with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Federal Trade Commission Improvement act, which is effective for goods manufactured on or after December 31, 1995.
Kimber firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of the original retail purchase as new merchandise. Kimber agrees to correct, by repair or replacement with a new or comparable model, a qualifying Kimber product without charge, if returned with a copy of a dated bill of sale. Kimber assumes no responsibility for product malfunction, physical injury or property damage resulting in whole or in part from criminal use, or negligent, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, use of defective, improper or hand-loaded ammunition, abuse, neglect or any other influences beyond Kimber’s control.
This warranty does not apply to the normal wear of any parts or surface finish, including metal, wood, plastic, rubber or other materials. This warranty does not cover repairs related to unreasonable use, corrosion, damage, barrels damaged by an obstructed bore. It also does not apply to loss or damage suffered during return shipment.
Kimber reserves the right to inspect the product before making replacements or repairs covered by this warranty.
Under no circumstances shall Kimber be held liable for incidental or consequential damages with respect to economic loss, injury or property damage resulting from the breach of either the express or implied warranty. This limitation does not apply to states that disallow the exclusion of consequential or incidental damages.
This warranty grants specific legal rights to the original retail purchaser only. Other rights may apply and vary from state to state. The terms of this warranty may only be changed in writing by an officer of Kimber Mfg., Inc. The Kimber factory at 1 Lawton Street, Yonkers, NY 10705 is the only authorized repair location.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:05 AM   #8

Welcome to the site from Tennessee! I can tell you how to fix it...send it back to Kimber like others have suggested.
Chuck43 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to the iceman
Kimber will fix yer solo just call them you will be happy you did
Chuck43 likes this.
the iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to the iceman
And just guessing it's the very tip of the extractor take a pic of what it's doing and write a note and put it in the box with the gun so the tec will get it you will be good to go and most likely it won't cost you anything
Chuck43 likes this.
the iceman is offline   Reply With Quote