Solo - Missing Spring - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #1

Question Solo - Missing Spring

Forum Members,

I am a proud owner of a Solo Carry.

Unfortunately, I had an incident (long story) that got the spring firing pin return lost. The part is number 14 on the illustration above and has part number 1200002.

I called Kimber and the service rep told me that they could not source the spring and that I had to RMA my gun to them. I just analysed the cost for doing that (local state laws for shipping guns) and without labor/parts the cost is around 125.00 (Shipping, insurance, armory fees, etc).

Is there a way to source that spring? I owned a few glocks and 1911s and I can source this kind of parts anytime and without hassle. I just cannot find a way to get this part.

Really appreciate your help on this matter!

Respectfully,

Joed

joedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois, I'm going to take a guess at this. Try contacting Wolf Gunsprings, they make a lot of springs for gun manufactures. They don't list anything on their website for the Kimber Solo but if you give them a call there is a chance they can help you out.

Address
W. C. Wolff Company
P.O.Box 458
Newtown Square, PA 19073-0458
United States of America

Phone Numbers
US & Canada
Orders & Technical Support: 800-545-0077
Fax: 610-359-9496
Main: 610-359-9600
Old 11-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
YuK

Originally Posted by joedr View Post
Forum Members,

I am a proud owner of a Solo Carry.

Unfortunately, I had an incident (long story) that got the spring firing pin return lost. The part is number 14 on the illustration above and has part number 1200002

Is there a way to source that spring? I owned a few glocks and 1911s and I can source this kind of parts anytime and without hassle. I just cannot find a way to get this part.

Really appreciate your help on this matter!

Respectfully,

Joed

Joed
This is very-very light spring with the compressed turns on the end and with OD to have a free slipped feed in the firing pin channel.
The wire dia is about .010.
I do not think that you find something similar with other guns.
Better to buy it from Kimber if possible
YuK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #4

Thanks for the link Chuck43. I will give them a call.

Yuk... I tried to source the spring from Kimber but they would not sell the spring. Hence, the reason of opening this thread.
joedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
YuK

Originally Posted by joedr View Post
Thanks for the link Chuck43. I will give them a call.

Yuk... I tried to source the spring from Kimber but they would not sell the spring. Hence, the reason of opening this thread.
I Am not sure that Walter Wolff is a fabricator of this particular spring.
The purpose of this spring is to avoid situation when firing pin is protruding from b/face and at the same time it should be light and long enough to avoid light strike.
YuK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #6

KImber has taken the conservative stance to not allow anything other than slide stop, grip screws, and slide spring to be sold to consumers. That, in my opinion, is ridiculous. Try asking for a supervisor and see if they will relent. I don't think you will find this part made by any aftermarket supplier like Wolff - too few and no money in it for the hassle to design, manufacture and stock.
Warthogge is offline   Reply With Quote