Help with Solo - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #1

Help with Solo

Hello all

This is my first post and hopefully not my last. I am new to Kimber Solos and to Kimbers all together. I really fell in love with one today at my local gun store. So before hurrying and running off with it I decided to do some research and i'm finding some like it some hate it. I used to have a Sig P938 sas and was a lemon with 4 trips back to the Sig for Warranty
i'm excited and really want it but worried I'm going to be back to the same situation. Any help if I should buy or pass and look for something else would be helpful.
Chuck43 likes this.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to the iceman
Well Williams it's like this I have one from 2013 never had any ammo related problems. I also bought my 2 best friends one each about a month later no problems my daughter bought one about 2 months ago no problems mine has over 2000 rounds through it my friends have at least 12 to 1300 through theirs daughter has around 900 through hers no problems I use federal hst 124 gr standard or +p for carry we use lots of ZQ1 9mm NATO Speer lawman 124 and American eagle 124 gr and lots of our reloads with 124 gr we love the solo it's not for everyone if you get it start out with the ammo here especially the ZQ1 to break it in or the lawman 124 then try federal hst 124 gr make sure you hold it right make sure you load it right then yer good to go
Chuck43, YuK and Hoffbrew like this.
the iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #3

I just bought the DC model last week and absolutely love it. By far my favorite pistol. I threw everything at it the first day as it relates to different ammo and it chewed everything up without any hiccups.
Chuck43, YuK and Hoffbrew like this.
Coldwaterboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #4

Thank you for your time and your response. I have to make a decision by tomorrow and the more I keep looking at pictures of it the more I think I really want to give it a try. I love the feel and the trigger plus its beautiful. Its priced at $549. on consignment and the gentleman agreed to give me till tomorrow on it.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Williams. I'm not a Solo owner so I can't really offer any help here but I can invite you to head over to our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introduce yourself to the membership.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:21 AM   #6
DOS

Greeting...

You said it was on "consignment"; eluding to the fact that it's used. Was it broken in correctly to start? Do you know why it is being sold?

Just some issues to think about...
Hoffbrew likes this.
DOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #7

Still waiting to pick up my Solo DC so can't give any first hand information but can provide some advice.
The early Solo's did tend to be more apt to be choosy on the type ammo used and were not uncommon to need trips back to Kimber for fine tuning.
The newer ones seem to be much better, thus the concern if you are buying used and don't know the history of the gun.
Kimber is pretty good about working with Solo owners who are having problems but it helps substantially if you are the original owner.
Might be worth a little more to purchase one new as opposed to used unless you know the history of the used Solo.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

It has never been fired was purchased and cleaned and put in the gentlemen's gun safe. He is a collector and not a shooter. As far as why it is being sold I was told he is wanting other pistols so it was one he felt he no longer needed.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:55 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to the iceman
Sounds like the little old school teacher story,that car salesmen used to say
the iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #10

I didnt know Zoomy was selling a Solo?
Chuck43 likes this.
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote