update for you guys - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By dale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #1

update for you guys

I just wanted to let you guys know how things worked out. Crimson trace came through, one phone call and exactly two weeks later I received a new set of grips and they're bright as anything I have. No letter or no charge. Before I mailed them back to the factory a kind gentleman that goes be the name Cucamonga Kid, sent me a set of custom made cocobola grips that I fell in love with and as I carry the pistol a lot I went ahead and carried it with the new grips. I have an indoor range so as an play experiment my brother and I shot the gun over two hundred rounds this past two weeks. Helped fight the snowbound boredom and just plain fun. I got to where at 40 ft i can do pretty decent with just the sights and with only a small light glowing on the target (aimed flashlight) the night sights are pretty awesome. I've decided that since I love the way the gun looks with the custom grips and being able to see that fine checkering on the front strap I'm going to keep it as it is. However now I'm going to find an all blue dc and put the laser grips on it for dedicated night carry. I realize I was lucky getting a good reliable gun to start with so I'll just find a used one and try it first. This might sound dumb but why not I have several big nines, a half dozen walthers, and a couple of airweight chiefs. I just like em all.
Chuck43, 2sharp2, glokrok and 4 others like this.
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #2

Hey you guys and gals try to keep Marshall distracted from reading this post. If he finds out that I may have been instrumental in selling another Solo, my reputation will be shot.
BTW Dale, I'm hope your new DC is as good as your CDP.