My SOLO is back at the mother ship..... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Solo Forum

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2016, 08:13 AM   #1

My SOLO is back at the mother ship.....

I had to send it in. It got to where it was one bang and then would not feed the next round.

My son-in-law sent his in last year for the same reason. Now his feeds anything and everything without issue. I shot his this past weekend and it was so smooth. So, I am hoping for the same result.

The problem is, can I trust it when it comes back? I picked up a Sig P938 last week because of this. But, I sure would like to EDC the Solo...it just feels better in the hand. But it will take a lot of range time after it is back before I am confident with it.

I am little worried about one thing. When his came back, the frame was scratched. I really hope that does not happen. Mine still looks new.
lwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Did he contact Kimber about the scratch on his frame?

I've only had to send one gun back to Kimber for a problem but before I did I photographed the gun and grips and included a copy of the picture in the case with the gun along with a description the problem I was having.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #3

It will be fine. My came back from Kimber just great. I too got concerned with all the skeptics on the forum so I took it to a local Gunsmith that I know to be most skilled and competent. After firing two mags full he told me he could find nothing wrong with it. He did however polish the throat and checked the extractor. I too bought a P938 to carry but just like the feel of the Solo better.
My P938 is in the safe and has never been fired. Maybe one day.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to the iceman
It helps kimber when you put a note and pic of exactly what it's doing,that way the gunsmith can see first hand
Chuck43 and GoingSolo like this.
the iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #5

It will be back in your hands soon enough! Let us know how it goes.
GoingSolo and Trex like this.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #6

"The problem is, can I trust it when it comes back?"

It will take a while to regain trust -- I'm about 8 months out from when I sent mine in, and I still don't trust it, and rarely carry it.
Sooltauq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Sooltauq View Post
"The problem is, can I trust it when it comes back?"

It will take a while to regain trust -- I'm about 8 months out from when I sent mine in, and I still don't trust it, and rarely carry it.
I just bought a three time Yonker visiting Solo from a friend who felt similar to you last week at her price of $275.
Sux when your unhappy. Anyone willing to trade a nice P938 for my S-O-L-O ?

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Anyone willing to trade a nice P938 for my S-O-L-O ?
Wrong thread. "Mabey a laugh will wake this place up" is where to post a question like that.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #9

Originally Posted by lwilliams View Post
I had to send it in. It got to where it was one bang and then would not feed the next round.

My son-in-law sent his in last year for the same reason. Now his feeds anything and everything without issue. I shot his this past weekend and it was so smooth. So, I am hoping for the same result.

The problem is, can I trust it when it comes back? I picked up a Sig P938 last week because of this. But, I sure would like to EDC the Solo...it just feels better in the hand. But it will take a lot of range time after it is back before I am confident with it.

I am little worried about one thing. When his came back, the frame was scratched. I really hope that does not happen. Mine still looks new.

I recently sent in my Micro 380 for a similar issue. I had installed Heine sights and was a little concerned Kimber would reinstall their no-see-um sights. Kimber repaired the Micro and performed a number of services I never expected, like polishing the feed ramp and barrel, replaced all springs, adjusted the ejector, and more. It was returned in excellent condition with the Heine sights still intact. In other words, their gunsmiths are excellent!
lwilliams and cousinmark like this.
TNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #10

Originally Posted by TNman View Post
I recently sent in my Micro 380 for a similar issue. I had installed Heine sights and was a little concerned Kimber would reinstall their no-see-um sights. Kimber repaired the Micro and performed a number of services I never expected, like polishing the feed ramp and barrel, replaced all springs, adjusted the ejector, and more. It was returned in excellent condition with the Heine sights still intact. In other words, their gunsmiths are excellent!
Did they install the new flat spring and guide rod?
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote