Have you pulled your gun on another human being? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #1

Have you pulled your gun on another human being?

Yes. Fired? No. Didn't have to. Turned out it was a cop and we became instant friends if you can believe that.
Leaving my business at dusk and he approached from behind a blind spot on my building. Scared the living spit out of both of us too.
Nicest guy on the planet as it turns out. Praised me for being armed and rewarded me with some Winchester Ranger rounds (bonded) when I saw him next. Sent some of those rounds down range and experienced my first "key hole" in the target. I've only seen that with reloads...
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
Yes. Fired? No. Didn't have to. Turned out it was a cop and we became instant friends if you can believe that.
Leaving my business at dusk and he approached from behind a blind spot on my building. Scared the living spit out of both of us too.
Nicest guy on the planet as it turns out. Praised me for being armed and rewarded me with some Winchester Ranger rounds (bonded) when I saw him next. Sent some of those rounds down range and experienced my first "key hole" in the target. I've only seen that with reloads...
My answer is, no I have never pulled my gun on a human, and pray I never will have to.
glokrok and JohnnyGeek like this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #3

Closest I came was when an asshat in his car cut me off (he had a yield sign) and I flipped him off. He decided to stop on the on-ramp to the expressway where I had nowhere to go. I stopped way short, as I suspected he was up to no good. He got out of his car and approached my truck, waving his arms and ranting. I reached into the console and removed my HK USP40, still in the holster, and just held it up high enough so he could see it through the windshield. I never pointed it at him nor take it out of the holster, but he got the point. He returned to his car and drove away, with his female passenger giving him an ear full.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #4

Thank goodness my answer is no
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Sketter View Post
I'm with islander(correct spelling)on that,would have to really be in fear of my life before I would.
Yes. And I was. Muscle memory kept my finger straight thank God. Another reason why I like the XD and holster it came with as my finger is straight to unlock and draw.
I'm sure there are plenty of LEO's here on this board who have drawn their weapons... I suspect most if not all of them have.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #6

Exclamation

I have done so once: Upon leaving a Longhorn restaurant in Athens, GA, I was approached by a gentleman (and I use the term very loosely) who threatened me with a heavy chain dog leash and told me that he wanted all my money or he'd bust my head. I stepped back, reached behind my right hip as if to get my wallet and instead produced a Smith and Wesson Model 696 .44 Special. I gave him the choice of continuing (and I would launch his spleen through his spine, making his next occupation replacing third base at Turner Field) or turn and run like hell. He chose the better part of valor and ran like a scalded dog.

No shots fired! Threat eliminated! Thankfully, my wife was inside paying the bill. If she had been present, things might have taken a much different turn. Hope I never have to deal with anything like that again. It gave me the "willies" for a couple of weeks, just thinking of the possibilities.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #7

Yes as a former LEO. Glad I never was forced to shoot anyone.
It's not glamorous . In fact afterwards when you have time to think about it. Your glad you didn't pull the trigger .
I have compassion for the LEO's that have.
Fleamac and Ultraman like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #8

I have not and have never been in a life threatening situation, thank God. But one reason I decided to buy my first gun, (other than saying FU to our nation's leader) was that when my wife was on a trip, 5 hours away up in Ft. Wayne Indiana, she had a flat tire. In a bad part of town. She has a nice SUV she bought slightly used and had never checked the spare tire. Okay, I never checked the spare. So she calls 1-800 HelpMeMyHusbandIsADumbAss....roadside assistance. The guy comes, the space saver spare is one that you have to inflate, and the pump is not there. Never thought to look for a pump I didn't know existed. Service guy says too bad, so sad. When she pulled over, she was in a church parking lot...a guy said he'd wait until the service guy came. So when the service guy left her stranded, this guy offered to take her to a place who would fix the tire. Nice guy. Coulda been a serial killer though. Lucky for her he wasn't.

So, the first person I told this to said "Well, I hope she was armed!" Well, that made me feel not only stupid and unprepared, but naive to the point of endangering my wife's life.

It's not just about getting robbed. It could be as simple as having a flat tire in the wrong part of town. "It will never happen to me" is the stupidest attitude in the world.

Good thread.
RickOShay, Insta-Gator and Richard like this.
Nigerian Lottery Winner

Last edited by PorscheVille; 03-05-2014 at 02:24 PM.
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #9

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
i have done so once: Upon leaving a longhorn restaurant in athens, ga, i was approached by a gentleman (and i use the term very loosely) who threatened me with a heavy chain dog leash and told me that he wanted all my money or he'd bust my head. i stepped back, reached behind my right hip as if to get my wallet and instead produced a smith and wesson model 696 .44 special. I gave him the choice of continuing (and i would launch his spleen through his spine, making his next occupation replacing third base at turner field) or turn and run like hell. He chose the better part of valor and ran like a scalded dog. :d

no shots fired! Threat eliminated! thankfully, my wife was inside paying the bill. If she had been present, things might have taken a much different turn. Hope i never have to deal with anything like that again. It gave me the "willies" For a couple of weeks, just thinking of the possibilities.
Too dang funny
Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #10

Originally Posted by PorscheVille View Post
It's not just about getting robbed. It could be as simple as having a flat tire in the wrong part of town. "It will never happen to me" is the stupidest attitude in the world.

Good thread.
Exactly. We are snow birds with homes 3.5 hours apart. A disabled vehicle (which hasn't happened) is a huge concern if that not-so-good samariton offers some help. We are always armed.

Search tags for this page

smith wesson 696 special 2014

Click on a term to search for related topics.