Poor Customer Service?!?! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

Poor Customer Service?!?!

You would think that with the price we pay for Kimber pistols the customer support would be better. Shipped my Micro 9 slide to Kimber to have night sights installed. On 30 June I get a call that my card was declined so I gave them another card number. I called my bank and they said that there was no attempt made to charge my card. 1 July got another call. The second card was declined so I gave them the original card number which he ran while I was in the phone, success. I was told that they would upgrade my shipping and I would have my slide soon. Just got off the phone and my slide has not even left the building. Evidently they shut everything down this week to do inventory which I was not told. So I ask if they finally have magazines available for the Micro 9 and she told me that all there computers just shut down and couldn't tell me. Needless to say this has been very disappointing and frustrating.
starnovi likes this.
Fmr18E is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #2

...for what it's worth your experience isn't typical. Other than getting through on the phone things are generally smooth.
Spotly, Cybercycle and starnovi like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #3

Weird about credit card, the world is an imperfect place. You and slide will be together soon. My own kimber cs experience has been stellar.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #4

With the 4th of July holiday and some company's ending their physical year June 30th, you have to understand part of that. I am sure it will all workout in the end.

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #5

I've had the same thing happen with my card once, it happens.
My customer support with Kimber has been pretty good, looks like you just caught them at a bad time compounded by the credit card confusion.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Fmr18E. Some might call that poor customer service and some might shrug it off saying stuff happens.

I've got a shooting buddy that sent a well worn gun he bought used in for some work. When he got it back he had to check the serial number because he thought they sent him another gun. In addition to the work being done they gave him free shipping and refinished the gun, he never asked for that and they didn't charge him it.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #7

Poor Customer Service?!?!

Kimber service is usually pretty good, but for the price you pay I agree they could improve. The best service I have ever received was from Charter Arms. Life time warranty on all their firearms. I sent my Pitbull 40 in on a Friday. ( they supplied the shipper) they replaced the hammer, hammer spring, firing pin, tweeked the barrel and front site, reshot and "0"ed the gun and was back at my door the following Thursday. Less than a week. No cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #8

First of all I do not appreciate being called a "TROLL" Tinman. You don't know me so have no business...

I am a longtime Kimber fan and owner. I own five Kimber pistols and live each and every one of them. I thought this might be a good place to vent a little but I suppose there are some very thin skinned individuals. Most forums it is acceptable to post both good and bad experiences oh well.
Fmr18E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #9

Wink

Originally Posted by Fmr18E View Post
First of all I do not appreciate being called a "TROLL" Tinman. You don't know me so have no business...

I am a longtime Kimber fan and owner. I own five Kimber pistols and live each and every one of them. I thought this might be a good place to vent a little but I suppose there are some very thin skinned individuals. Most forums it is acceptable to post both good and bad experiences oh well.
Yep, some can be thin skinned at times.
But this is probably the best site out there for giving your honest opinion on guns, whether they be Kimber or otherwise. Just ask about the Kimber Solo and you will find this is true.
Welcome to the forum.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Fmr18E View Post

Your second post might have been your first post 'if' you share a sincere interest within this forum. A first post at 'most forums', as you say is not healthy within those forums also.
Your Kimber issue including your personal credit issue does not lend itself to any Kimber forum.

Your Kimber history is a welcome addition and lends itself to many threads within KT forums. KT members understand 'thin skinned individuals', as well as anyone who may also be reflected by you at any non KT forum.

Your first post was a TROLL POST.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote