Angry, Uptight maybe anxious! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #1

Angry, Uptight maybe anxious!

In the last couple of months I have noticed the threads or posts more often have been more negative than before. I think this upcoming election and the uncertainty and lack of unity in the country may have a lot to do with this. I am hoping after this election is over. No matter who gets elected some of the uncertainty dissipates. Maybe we will have a clearer picture as to what direction this country is going.
I know in my own personal life I have had to deal with some personal issues recently but they seem magnified even more because of all the unrest there is in this country one day I am okay the next day I am uptight for no apparent reason. I don't know if this makes any sense but it gets off my chest.

Tom

P.S. There will be unity after the election because we will either all be screaming impeach Hilarious or be mad at Trump because the illegals in this country will have full employment cause I think that is his way of getting Mexico to build the wall.
Markie and starnovi like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #2

Business is slow too; I'm trying not to worry, because the 'net profit' by month still seems okay (well, IF this/next month turns out okay!) -- but the 'swings' are pretty anxiety creating! I think everything is 'hanging fire' because EITHER we'll be okay, or it will all go to hell (and, as you write: some are standing on either side!) Maybe I should go back over to the 'let's drink' thread?!?

(And, on the other hand; I'm stocking up on ammo, food and water -- and my friends and neighbors are too!)
Hoffbrew, swca, Markie and 1 others like this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #3

Hope...in America seems hard to find. Hope...is what we need first. Hope...for 2017.
starnovi likes this.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #4

Originally Posted by SnowTao View Post
Business is slow too; I'm trying not to worry, because the 'net profit' by month still seems okay (well, IF this/next month turns out okay!) -- but the 'swings' are pretty anxiety creating! I think everything is 'hanging fire' because EITHER we'll be okay, or it will all go to hell (and, as you write: some are standing on either side!) Maybe I should go back over to the 'let's drink' thread?!?

(And, on the other hand; I'm stocking up on ammo, food and water -- and my friends and neighbors are too!)
See you there! I may be a little la slow getting there, I am on hold with Citi bank fraud dept. Seems somebody tried getting a 1000.00 dollars at Super 8 in Indiana on my card. They took care of it and are sending me a new card.
Ah now I can go to the bar and get that shot of Patron! See you there!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:13 AM   #5

Well, you've come to the right place. I am personally the Grand Vizier of anxiety.

But honestly, the last time my wife set foot in B&N, she showed me the women's magazine rack. Had to be over six dozen periodicals. Most of them had the words "worry" or "anxiety" on the cover.

I have two views on the issue. Obviously, these are tense times. The election is coming, we have the worst president in American history playing golf while Rome burns, the jihadists are already inside the country and we all know that if we do not already have a millennial sleeping in our basement, we soon will.

Then there's my take on the subject. I think there's just as much anxiety now as there ever has been--we just openly talk about it now.

You cannot believe how much hard liquor I saw people my parents' age drink. Stopping after work "for a few" was an almost daily event. We had bottles of the stuff at my house.

The reason? Well, the WWII generation was self medicating. I even heard a "catch" in Audie Murphy's voice once during one of the few interviews he gave. (It's on a 15 minute video on YouTube).

Nowadays if I say I'm anxious, Chuck asks me what color blouse I plan to wear with my new skirt, we both laugh, and the thread continues. Admitting to fears and seeking help is relatively new to modern American men--other than what they admit to their closest friends in private.

Oh, sure, I still know how to carve up a mugger like a Christmas goose, but there are things that spook me, in fact, bring me to the brink of terror. It's the same old story, we just handle it differently now.
Markie and Cybercycle like this.

Last edited by The Tourist; 09-10-2016 at 04:16 AM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #6

I'm disgusted by what's going on, it weights heavily on me...

illegals soon to be welcomed and getting benefits like ID cards and drivers licences, sanctuary cities embracing them like hero's, weak foreign policy, the VA scandal, the IRS scandal and nobody cares..... the country is $19+ trillion in debt, Hillary coming and raising taxes, helping the people that won't help themselves and the 2nd amendment soon to be under attack. Never mind another liberal supreme court justice and good God, when will this all end.

I blame the republicans, they had 16 shitty candidates and didn't take the threat of Hillary jack stomping them seriously. Good God
swca and starnovi like this.
I'm a 1911 addict -- GI CCO 9mm, WC Sentinel Compact 9mm, WC ULCC 9mm, WC Professional 38 super, WC Stealth 38 super, WC Bobtail Professional 9mm, DW CCO 38 super, DW CBOB 38 super, Kimber Ultra Aegis 9mm and a little Sig P938
azguy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #7

The anxiety and suppressed anger are, IMO, the product of a lack of options.

In the past, if you were not happy with the way things were you would pack up and go to the new world. If you didn't like that, you'd pack up and move west, into the frontier. If you didn't like that you'd pack up and head to Alaska or South America ... anywhere "civilization" had not reached. It is getting harder to make that personal choice. There are few, if any, places to go. Many of us who still have that independent mindset realize we are too old to make that a successful choice. So, yeah, there's a lot of "Where the hell did my country go" going on.
MPO Southy, Oreste and starnovi like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #8
Banned

I deal with it all by keeping the crock pot going. I've a full pot of Salsa going, and will do another batch tomorrow. Free tomatoes!!!

In other words, keep busy.
Tinman, swca and Markie like this.

Last edited by montanaResident; 09-10-2016 at 06:14 PM.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #9
Banned

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
There are few, if any, places to go.
I ran into a guy living in the mountains, in a very old abandoned mining claim. Rough winters, but there's plenty of wood and lots of food around. There's plenty of places, ya just have decide you want it, and are willing to make the sacrifices, and put in the work. Not unlike it was 100 or 200 years ago.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #10

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
I ran into a guy living in the mountains, in a very old abandoned mining claim. Rough winters, but there's plenty of wood and lots of food around. There's plenty of places, ya just have decide you want it, and are willing to make the sacrifices, and put in the work. Not unlike it was 100 or 200 years ago.
Sounds nice .... if I were 30 years younger. Of course, 30 years ago I have more hope for the country and our culture. In recent years it has turned up side down, IMO.
montanaResident and starnovi like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote