Another Assault on WA "Assault" Weapons - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #1

Another Assault on WA "Assault" Weapons

HB 2354 - 2015-16

Seems to rear it's ugly head every year but in the current atmosphere, very much worth the time to browse to the link and select [Comment] then [Oppose]...if you're a WA resident.

HB 2354 - 2015-16

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #2

Yep more BS gun laws. limiting mags to 10 rounds is not going to do squat to curb a disturbed person from going on a killing spree.

I come from Maryland where they did this a few years ago. If this passes the only saving grace is the mags we own over 10 rounds are grandfathered in legal. But wont be able to get new guns or mags with them.
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:49 AM   #3

Moore bad news for Washington state, shooting at a mall. I'm sure the anti's will attempt to use it to further their agenda.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tankgunner View Post
Moore bad news for Washington state, shooting at a mall. I'm sure the anti's will attempt to use it to further their agenda.
I saw that on the morning news and was surprised that the term "Assault Rifle" was never used, they called the firearm used a "rifle".
Old 09-24-2016, 06:31 AM   #5

I read that it was a "hunting-type" rifle. Thank goodness or someone might have gotten hurt....oh wait! Well, thank goodness for their gun control laws to keep people from shooting one another.... uh oh! Well, if only they would pass a law saying that you can't shoot innocent people.....uhh...nevermind!
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:06 AM   #6

I am always amazed by the timing of a shooting and new anti gun bills. Is it just me being paranoid and distrustful of our present day admin. I was told just because I am paranoid doesn't mean that they are not out there! They seem to have them printed ahead of time and just put in the date and time oh I mean year! Ah heck you know what I mean.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #7

Yeah this is changing my plans for today. I am taking my daughter and ex to the movies. Had planned on a theater closer to Seattle but now going a bit further south and east. Smaller theater but further into the gun friendly areas. And of course I have my CPL and will be exercising that right. Informed the ex of the plan change and why and she said ' damned straight you will be '

I had only this week been talking to people at work about how I hate malls and I wasn't going to one till I had a better holster.
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Itsmescot View Post
If this passes the only saving grace is the mags we own over 10 rounds are grandfathered in legal. But wont be able to get new guns or mags with them.
I went through receipts today to make sure I have copies for all of my mags and AR receivers.

This will surely put Northern Idaho at the top of my list while searching for property to build my retirement house.
Cybercycle likes this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:12 PM   #9

I wonder how long it will be until those in charge will understand, it is not the guns killing people, but people killing people. I have started carrying mine more and more, it is concealed so that only I know for sure.
Cybercycle likes this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #10

I really truly believe that the Mag/AR gun legislation stems from legislators playing to the voters in an attempt to keep their jobs in office. Most folks admit that people not guns are at fault.
Outerlimits is offline   Reply With Quote