Playing with guns on Sunday - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #1

Playing with guns on Sunday

So yesterday I had a hankerin' to sling some lead. Since I'm currently enthused about 1911's, I brought out the Ultra CDP II and the RIA Government that I've been working on. I also decided to bring out the HK P2000SK, not because I was excited about it, but because it's one of my newer guns that I carry, and I want to get in more time with it.

The Kimber is sweet and well behaved, just as you'd expect it to be. I can drive tacks with it... as long as they're big giant tacks. The trigger is a little heavier than the RIA, but the take up, over travel, and reset are near perfect. I might adjust it soon, if I get inspired. It's over five pounds now, and I'd like it under four and a quarter. This is a beautiful gun that's fun to shoot.

I want to like the RIA as much as I do the Kimber, and it's getting better and better the more I work on it. The RIA is fun to shoot, and tamer than the Kimber. But it's got a longer barrel on a steel frame, so it's no surprise. Functioning is now perfect, and the Truglo's are great. The feel of the safety while shooting is just so-so, and feels harsh under my thumb. But I've already carved it down quite a bit. Maybe I'll carve it down more. The biggest gripe that showed up after a while was the GI-style grip safety. Eventually the web of my thumb started feeling tender. Now I see why people like a bigger beavertail. I'll probably look around for something that will be more comfortable. But functioning of this Plain Wrap Gun was spot on. I'm very pleased with the way this gun is turning out.

I had more fun with the HK than I anticipated. It has the LEM trigger, probably closest to a V4. Right now, I kind of feel that this is might be the best "business" gun I have. It's black and plastic, and there's not much that's sexy about it, but there's very little about this gun to be critical about. It's small enough to conceal, easy to shoot well, and perfectly reliable.
Chuck43, Markie and cousinmark like this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads