The Cost of Kimber Addiction - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
PorscheVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,013
The Cost of Kimber Addiction

I unwisely decided to add up the cost of my Kimber addiction for 2014.

I purchased a Royal II, a Pro Carry II, several sets of grips, a Wilson spring kit, a MSH/mag well, grip screws, 10 magazines, a range bag, cleaning supplies, a gun/rifle safe, 20 range trip lane fees, and of course, ammo.

That added up to about $5,800. that's $1,160 a month! And, I'd be willing to bet there are some of you who have bought more guns than me. Grips, no way. I lead that category. So what is the price of your addiction?

(Jeff, I'll understand if you don't want to participate in this thread.)
__________________
Kimber Royal II
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
NRA Member
Nigerian Lottery Winner

Last edited by PorscheVille; 06-05-2014 at 07:11 PM.
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,123
The cost of my addiction? Priceless!
bigdog10, GiGi, Lineman and 1 others like this.
__________________
Steve

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
I can stop any time I want. It's not an addiction.
bigdog10 likes this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,270
Originally Posted by PorscheVille View Post
I unwisely decided to add up the cost of my Kimber addiction for 2014.

I purchased a Royal II, a Pro Carry II, several sets of grips, a Wilson spring kit, a MSH/mag well, grip screws, 10 magazines, a range bag, cleaning supplies, a gun/rifle safe, 20 range trip lane fees, and of course, ammo.

That added up to about $5,800. that's $1,160 a month! And, I'd be willing to bet there are some of you who have bought more guns than me. Grips, no way. I lead that category. So what is the price of your addiction?

(Jeff, I'll understand if you don't want to participate in this thread.)

I have no clue to what you're referring to my friend.
I'm a church going,bible thumping,non drinking,Bloomberg member of the Bullshitterz club of America.
And by the way...you said 2014 so the answer is NADDA one Kimber...{this year}...
PorscheVille likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #5
Member
 
Daviscc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 56
I thought so too

That's what I thought too. Not so, at least for me.






Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I can stop any time I want. It's not an addiction.
__________________
USAF Retired, Lifetime NRA Member
Daviscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
PorscheVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,013
Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I can stop any time I want. It's not an addiction.
We've seen your collection. You aren't fooling anyone.
__________________
Kimber Royal II
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
NRA Member
Nigerian Lottery Winner
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
PorscheVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,013
Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
[/B]I have no clue to what you're referring to my friend.
I'm a church going,bible thumping,non drinking,Bloomberg member of the Bullshitterz club of America.
And by the way...you said 2014 so the answer is NADDA one Kimber...{this year}...
If my wife posted here, this thread would not exist. Some things are better left unsaid, especially when it costs $6000!
Marshall likes this.
__________________
Kimber Royal II
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II
NRA Member
Nigerian Lottery Winner
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,385
Originally Posted by PorscheVille View Post
I unwisely decided to add up the cost of my Kimber addiction for 2014.

I purchased a Royal II, a Pro Carry II, several sets of grips, a Wilson spring kit, a MSH/mag well, grip screws, 10 magazines, a range bag, cleaning supplies, a gun/rifle safe, 20 range trip lane fees, and of course, ammo.

That added up to about $5,800. that's $1,160 a month! And, I'd be willing to bet there are some of you who have bought more guns than me. Grips, no way. I lead that category. So what is the price of your addiction?

(Jeff, I'll understand if you don't want to participate in this thread.)
This thread is wrong in soooooooo many ways I can't even begin to count them. You never, ever post or record in any way the amount of money you spend on shooting. Just imagine if your wife were to see this............ ugly isn't it.

What you do is find a good friend that also likes to shoot then when you come home with a new $1500 toy and she asks about it you tell her you just bought it off of your buddy for $50.00. If she still complains about you spending $50.00 you tell her you got a great deal it's really worth $250.00 and with the money you saved you are going to take her out to dinner.
__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
GiGi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 643
Wink

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
This thread is wrong in soooooooo many ways I can't even begin to count them. You never, ever post or record in any way the amount of money you spend on shooting. Just imagine if your wife were to see this............ ugly isn't it.

What you do is find a good friend that also likes to shoot then when you come home with a new $1500 toy and she asks about it you tell her you just bought it off of your buddy for $50.00. If she still complains about you spending $50.00 you tell her you got a great deal it's really worth $250.00 and with the money you saved you are going to take her out to dinner.
Nooo....what you need to do is get her in the game and addicted like the rest of us addicts. Then the money spent won't matter!!
__________________
Live passionately, even if it kills you, because something is going to kill you anyway.
Webb Chiles -
GiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,270
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
This thread is wrong in soooooooo many ways I can't even begin to count them. You never, ever post or record in any way the amount of money you spend on shooting. Just imagine if your wife were to see this............ ugly isn't it.
Not to mention "Big Brother" "NSA" and God knows whoever else is spying in on our emails,phone calls/records and forums...
Makes ya wonder...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Eclipse, I have an addiction. wolf1956 Kimber 1911 Forum 10 04-12-2014 11:44 AM