Target CEO - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #1

Target CEO

I see the CEO of Target Stores has come out and is asking there customers to leave there firearms at home!
I never shopped there much anyway!
2sharp2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I read about this on another forum earlier today. They are asking customers not to bring firearms into their stores but (there's that but again) they are not posting the stores, if they don't have that sticker on the door you're free to do as you wish. They are trying to appease both sides.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #3

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I see the CEO of Target Stores has come out and is asking there customers to leave there firearms at home!
I never shopped there much anyway!
Just another place added to the ever growing list of places that won't get a dime of mine...But then again what they don't know won't hurt them...
Here in the Show Me State, if you're caught with your firearm and asked to leave the establishment and you refuse and the LEO are called, it's a $100 fine or the same as a parking ticket..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #4

Target is a good store for women. Or a gay man decorating his kitchen. But if you are a 58 year old man who weighs 250 and wants to buy a pair of jeans you'll likely be out of luck. And don't even think about looking for hardware there. Fellas, we ain't their demographic.

I used to buy Levi's but a few years ago they pulled their jeans out of truck stops because truckers were "not the Levi's type of consumer." Fuck them. My favorite clients are in the trucking industry and that was insulting. A guy at our shop did an ad for Falls City beer that sums up my feelings about Target and Levi's....the headline read: "Skinny jeans? Where do you put your balls?" Enough said.
Nigerian Lottery Winner
PorscheVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #5

Love my Levi's....
There's a local mom & pop shop here in the Lou that opened in the 50's and hasn't decorated since.
They order my Levi's, Carhartt jackets and even though their a bit more $$$, I would rather give my money to them instead of the big box stores..
Most the name stores don't carry clothes for a 6'3" 260 lb guy but they order what I need and only sell American made items...
And the best part...they love their guns...
Chuck43, GiGi and PorscheVille like this.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #6

Isn't it ironic that the place that is banning the carrying of firearms in their stores has this logo???

Last edited by Marshall; 09-04-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #7

Cool Can Ya Give Me A Big "HELL NO"???

Any store that refuses to allow the United States Marines to collect for Toys for Tots in front of their store gets not one red cent of my money!! Aww, HELL NO!!!

As for fashion shopping, well, many years ago some of the gals that my wife worked with told her about this new designer boutique that opened. So that evening, she talked me into taking her there. I found a chair at the front of the store, turned her loose and sat down to wait. After about 10 minutes a guy (with a serious wrist dysfunction, a lisp in his talk and a swish in his walk?) comes up and asks me if he can show me the newest denim styles from France? My response to him was a very simple: "I have no use for the French people or anything from France! I purchase all of my clothing at a feed and grain store!!!!" Me, I'm a Wrangler man!!! Oh HELL YEAH!!!!rockon.gif rockon.gif rockon.gif
Mike240, GiGi and PorscheVille like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 07-02-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #8

I didn't have enough interest to read any of the articles about Target but I have read a few comments here and there. Most imply the "no guns" request was motivated by people carrying AR's and other long guns in the store.
I'm all for open carry, but a long gun in close quarters is not only arrogant, it's stupid. So, it that is the motivation for their request, I agree with them. And since it is not a complete ban, like the media would have one believe, I think it's a smart move on their part.
That said, I still don't shop there.
Chuck43 likes this.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pbsdaddy View Post
I didn't have enough interest to read any of the articles about Target but I have read a few comments here and there. Most imply the "no guns" request was motivated by people carrying AR's and other long guns in the store.
I'm all for open carry, but a long gun in close quarters is not only arrogant, it's stupid. So, it that is the motivation for their request, I agree with them. And since it is not a complete ban, like the media would have one believe, I think it's a smart move on their part.
That said, I still don't shop there.
pbsdaddy got it right, they are asking people not to bring firearms into their stores but are not posting the stores at this time. This is something gun owners have brought on themselves, if you want to get pissed at someone Target is not the place to start. Start with the idiots walking into their stores carrying rifles and shotguns. As a gun owner if I owned a business that depended mostly on women with children shopping in it and some idiot came in carrying an M16 your damn right I'd ask him to leave. There are times when we can be our own worse enemy.
pbsdaddy and Chickadee like this.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
pbsdaddy got it right, they are asking people not to bring firearms into their stores but are not posting the stores at this time. This is something gun owners have brought on themselves, if you want to get pissed at someone Target is not the place to start. Start with the idiots walking into their stores carrying rifles and shotguns. As a gun owner if I owned a business that depended mostly on women with children shopping in it and some idiot came in carrying an M16 your damn right I'd ask him to leave. There are times when we can be our own worse enemy.
Totally agree. As gun owners we have a responsibility to be judicious in all aspects associated with our weapons. When we use it, how we use it, why we use it, how we carry it, the effect it's display may have on those around us, and much more. If you think the 2nd Amendment gives you the right to walk around like some wild-west shootout artist, or a member of the Expendables movie, please sell your firearms and take up another hobby.

EDIT: Not golf. I don't want you on my course, either.
Chuck43, Dude22 and Chickadee like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)

Last edited by Insta-Gator; 07-03-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote