Kimber Talk Forums banner

Kimber Customer Service gets another A++

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Insta-Gator 
#1 ·
Back in early November I mentioned that the front sight on my Stainless TLE Pro had come loose. As usual, I contact the very nice people at Kimber Customer Service and they sent the usual pre-paid shipping label. Unfortunately, Kimber has been very busy and were not able to return my gun prior to 12/15/16. We were going out of town on the 16th for Christmas with family. I requested they hold the gun until January. That part didn't happen and I received notification on the 16th that the gun had been shipped. :confused: If you don't have a My UPS account, you need to get one. I signed on to my account and rescheduled delivery for today. It cost me $5.00 to have UPS hold my package for almost two weeks. So, the gun is home and I feel much better.

Now to the gun info. I returned the gun because the front sight came loose and I could not get it to stay. Kimber performed the following:

1. Inspected and evaluated for claims report.
2. Replaced slide stop
3. Replaced front sight
4. Replaced plunger tube
5. Replaced recoil spring
6. Replaced grip safety
7. Replaced firing pin

Test fired with:

3 mags of Buffalo Cartridge 230GR FMJ
1 mag of Federal Hydra-Shok 230GR JHP

QC Inspection

Can't wait to get to the range. May be my imagination, but the trigger seems a little smoother and lighter. :D :) :D :)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Upon cleaning, I made two observations:

1. Feed ramp and throat appeared to have been polished. There were wear marks that I remember seeing prior to the trip to Yonkers. I had put 450 rounds through it, so there were some light marks. But not any more.

2. Using my trigger scale it seems the trigger weight has been reduced from 5 pounds to 4-1/2 pounds. I took multiple samplings to confirm. (for those that don't know me, I keep a round count log for each pistol, which includes make/model, date purchased, serial number and initial trigger pull weight. I also note spring replacements)

:D

#4 ·
I do not know. I could speculate that the gunsmith decided they were not up to his/her standard. If it shoots as good as it feels, and it shot well before, then I'll be a happy camper.

#7 ·
I had a shooting buddy send in a used Kimber he bought (and it looked it) for a minor repair. In addition to doing the repair for free they completely refinished the gun so it looked like new... no charge. That was almost 2 years ago and he still hasn't gotten around to writing the letter to complain about all the free work they did.

#8 ·
Took the TLE to the range today. Everything works perfectly ... except the shooter. Put 150 rounds through her. Now has a total of 600 down range. No problems at all. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.