About your 1st Kimber - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #1

About your 1st Kimber

I know there's quite a few folks on here who own several Kimbers & have owned them for several years. So I started wondering:

What was your first Kimber? Do you still have it? How long ago did you purchase it? New or used?

Pictures are REQUIRED!

Mine was the Super Carry Pro HD, purchased new in April 2014. It's currently my 2nd favorite pistol. Also my 1st 1911 (husband already had a couple).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0332.jpg (1.76 MB, 6 views)
2sharp2 and PorscheVille like this.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #2

First Kimber was a Custom Crimson Carry II. Wife and I saw them at the gun club and wanted to check them out. Really felt good in the hand and we were fascinated with the Crimson Trace laser grips. So we each purchased one. Our first Kimbers, our first 1911, our first .45. My favorite pistol is my Kimber Super Carry Ultra HD.

Original grips:
grips before.jpg

Replacement grips:
grips after 1.jpg

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #3

First Kimber

I started my gun buying with a glock 9mm, then a sw mp 40, not very happy with my choice I decided to look at some other options. I took my son to a local shop and the clerk would not talk to me, keep turning his back and wouldn't show me anything, we walked out. drove to next shop, much smaller outside city limits, my son saw the Kimber sign on the building and said hey that's what you need to buy. I told him I didn't want a generic gun lol I wanted a colt or sw. he said Kimber is a good gun not a generic. the first one I looked at was the black pro carry II . fit my hand perfect. purchased it about a year ago and love it. I came back to my office and gave my glock to a good friend who was deploying and gave my mp40 to my brother in law so I had someone to go the the range with. I drank the Kimber kool aid and I am hooked now.

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #4

Bought two Colt Government Model Series 70 years ago.
First Kimber was the CDPII purchased last November from a lady I knew, she had fired about 25 rounds thru it. She had ordered one and gave up on it coming in and found one local to her bought it and about two weeks later the CDP she ordered came in and then she had two identical pistols. I still have it and it is rotated in EDC, according to my mood. I added the Crimson Trace Grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0018.JPG (2.13 MB, 7 views)
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Super Moderator

First Kimber I got was 2004 or there about.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #6

This is my first Kimber 9mm..
My friend Dave sold it to me for $600 and said it was 4 years old but it looked brand new.
I called Kimber and gave them the serial number and they said it was less than a year old.
I called Dave back and told him what they said and he swore it was 4 years old..
He called me back a little later and told me he sold me the wrong Kimber. He has 2 identical PC2 and he had bought the one he sold me around 3 months prior.
I told him that I would come back over and switch them out, but he said "No way, it was my mistake so you keep that one"..
The only thing that he asked was that the next time he sold me a firearm...Make sure that he isn't all jacked up on scotch...

This is the pics of it with a few of the different clothes that I have bought for it..

Last edited by Marshall; 09-04-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #7

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
This is my first Kimber 9mm..
My friend Dave sold it to me for $600 and said it was 4 years old but it looked brand new.
I called Kimber and gave them the serial number and they said it was less than a year old.
I called Dave back and told him what they said and he swore it was 4 years old..
He called me back a little later and told me he sold me the wrong Kimber. He has 2 identical PC2 and he had bought the one he sold me around 3 months prior.
I told him that I would come back over and switch them out, but he said "No way, it was my mistake so you keep that one"..
The only thing that he asked was that the next time he sold me a firearm...Make sure that he isn't all jacked up on scotch...

This is the pics of it with a few of the different clothes that I have bought for it..
It don't matter how old it is, you got a smoking hot deal from your drunk ass friend!
Marshall likes this.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #8

Cool Here Is Mine!!!

My first Kimber was a Custom Stainless II. I bought it in 2006. I used it for competitive shooting and put thousands of rounds through it. It digested everything I ever fed it. I installed a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips on it. While fun to play with at the range or to drive squirrels crazy in the woods, I never saw the laser as a realistic sighting tool.
Kimber .45 & Bianchi M57 Holster.JPG

Early this year, I decided that I liked the .45 ACP, but I wanted something shorter and lighter. Soooooooo........I traded the Custom Stainless II in on a Pro Carry II. I installed a set of Trijicon night sights and a set of Hogue G-10 Blue Lava grips.
Hogue blue Lava Grips on Kimber PC II.JPG

It is almost through the break in period. I had a couple of issues with it failing to feed. I discovered that I had one defective Chip McCormick Shooting Star magazine causing the problem.
Dead CMC Magazine.JPG

That magazine causes no problems any longer. Soon I will be adding the Pro Carry into my EDC rotation. It is now a shooter. Like the Stainless, it now eats anything!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #9

Cool to hear all the stories of how their first Kimber came to be! Thanks for sharing.

How about the rest of you? Care to share your stories?

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #10

About 12 years ago I bought a colt XSE . In talking to my oldest son he said he liked the looks of it. Three years ago I told him that he could have it when I die. After thinking about it , I decided to go ahead and give it to him. About a month later I decided I wanted another 1911 again so I bought myself a Custom Crimson II. A couple of months later my middle son said that when I die he would like to have it. I decided to go ahead and give it to him. Once again after a few months I wanted another and bought myself a Super Scary Ultra plus. I then bought my wife a solo a few months later. She did not like the solo so I bought her a P238. She wanted pink grips so I wouldn't carry it.
My third and last son didn't care for the 45. Instead he wanted a Walther PPKS I had and of course I let him have it. Anyway I have several other handguns they can divide up when I die. Anyway that's the way it is.
Chuck43 and Chickadee like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote