Value Question for Kimber people who know things - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2017, 02:08 PM   #1

Value Question for Kimber people who know things

I joined this forum just to ask this question. I've visited a number of times to read through the forums and learned something about the topic I want to follow up on.

I bought a Classic Carry Pro back when it first came out. I paid over 2K for my pistol and then see it a couple years later on the Kimber website with an MSRP of much less than I paid.

I was able to learn through this forum, that the old Classic Carry Pro that I purchased had Bone grips and now they are G10 Ivory. I've surmised that "Ivory" in this sense is a color and not a material.

I've seen that the bone grips sell for $300 plus on the Kimber store, which makes up the different between the old price and the new price.

Finally the Question:

I sensed that there seems to be some value placed on the old original Classic Carry Pro's with the bone grips. Is the value of this pistol (assuming still like new cosmetic appearance) going up? Is it worth any sort of "premium" to the die hard Kimber collectors?

I know its worth whatever someone will pay for it. Don't need that pointed out. Just wondering if it has become more sought after in general.

It is one of my favorites to look at and fondle. I did shoot it when I first bought it because I always do. But bought and Ed Brown Kobra Carry right after this one and shoot that all the time as my favorite. So this one just sits. On my local Georgia site, everything gets a 20% discount from retail just for being used if you want to sell it.

So I"m wondering if this particular pistol is any different since they don't produce it in this configuration any longer.

Anybody with any insight? gut feelings? educated guess? experience? with the real world "value" of this pistol now?

thanks
kbkatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-31-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois kbkatl and congratulations on your original Classic Carry Pro. I also have an original, I got mine 9/15 NIB from gun broker. Yes the original guns are going for more money because of the bone grips but other then the grips there is no difference in the older and newer guns. I don't carry mine but it gets it's fair share of range time, no sense in owning it if I'm not going to shoot it.

2sharp2, shin0bi1, Tejun and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 01-31-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #3

Originally Posted by kbkatl View Post
I sensed that there seems to be some value placed on the old original Classic Carry Pro's with the bone grips. Is the value of this pistol (assuming still like new cosmetic appearance) going up? Is it worth any sort of "premium" to the die hard Kimber collectors?
I've had a used SCP G10 that I was able to sell for far less than the SCP 'Bone' noted in the below link.
Kimber Classic Carry Pro

I also have a NIB SCP G10 that I plan to keep.

imo....Your 'Bone' collectability is much greater than my 'G10'.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2017, 05:47 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. Regarding your question, I think the Bone grips would be worth a premium over the G10. Having said that, as you rightfully point out, you are not going to get your purchase price back, but it would be worth a bit more for the grips, assuming all else is in good shape.

I know one is on my bucket list. They are just a darn good looking pistol.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote