Question about UCII - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #1

Question about UCII

Dawn and I went to the range this morning to shoot our pistols. Hers is a Walther/Colt Gold Trophy in 22 and I brought my UCII. After 100 rounds I slipped the Kimber into my holster and we packed up.

That's when Dawn found my guide rod in the dirt!

Evidently it became unscrewed while shooting and fell out when I holstered it. When I got home I had all the springs and other parts but it was a tough go getting it back together. I used a bit of Locktite to the screwed part of the spring system.

Has anyone else had this happen???
Kyluckyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Super Moderator

That's happened to a few of our members and they did the same thing you did, cleaned it off and screwed it back in using locktite.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #3

I've read about this, but not experienced it. I hear the RED loctite is the stronger, preferred application in this instance.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #4

I used 248 Locktite yesterday. I broke the gun down today and tested the join today and found it on there really good. As a retired Quality Engineer who has dealt with customer complaints and corrective action, this seems kike it ought to be an action item at Kimber. It probably comes back to accountants wanting to make every penny possible and changing engineering designs.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Kyluckyman View Post
I used 248 Locktite yesterday. I broke the gun down today and tested the join today and found it on there really good. As a retired Quality Engineer who has dealt with customer complaints and corrective action, this seems kike it ought to be an action item at Kimber. It probably comes back to accountants wanting to make every penny possible and changing engineering designs.
Probably less about the accountants and more about the owners.
maansmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #6

I'm really upset and quite honestly pissed off about how many problems people are having with these supposed "top of the line" production pistols! I recently purchased (my first Kimber) an Ultra Carry II in stainless and the more I read on this forum about all of the issues, jamming, broken/cracked frames, bad clips, loose bolts, things falling apart it's amazing that anyone would even buy one? I personally own 11 other handguns with most of them being pistols and I have NEVER had these types of issues, ever. Sorry for the rant but this is ridiculous!!
hazer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hazer67 View Post
I'm really upset and quite honestly pissed off about how many problems people are having with these supposed "top of the line" production pistols! I recently purchased (my first Kimber) an Ultra Carry II in stainless and the more I read on this forum about all of the issues, jamming, broken/cracked frames, bad clips, loose bolts, things falling apart it's amazing that anyone would even buy one? I personally own 11 other handguns with most of them being pistols and I have NEVER had these types of issues, ever. Sorry for the rant but this is ridiculous!!
I'm sorry to hear that you're upset and pissed off because you're reading about all the problems other people are having. Other then buying a gun with "cheap junk all black sights" that you don't like what problems have you been having. I myself have 4 Kimbers that haven't given me the least bit of trouble from day one.
Marshall and 2sharp2 like this.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #8

I called Kimber Customer Service late this morning and reported my issue. I spoke with Robert who was very courteous and professional who immediately apologized for the failure. He asked if I needed a replacement and said that I had taken a proper corrective action. He said the spring system should never fail like it did and agreed it should have had Locktite on the part.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #9

Wink Oh Yeah!!!

Originally Posted by Kyluckyman View Post
I used 248 Locktite yesterday. I broke the gun down today and tested the join today and found it on there really good. As a retired Quality Engineer who has dealt with customer complaints and corrective action, this seems like it ought to be an action item at Kimber. It probably comes back to accountants wanting to make every penny possible and changing engineering designs.
You probably hit that one right on the head! I know exactly what you are talking about. A drop of Locktite as part of assembly could hardly be a costly step!! But you know how those "bean counters" are!!!

From a retired AT&T Outside Plant Engineer and former Lineman.

Lineman Attitude.jpg

Glad you got your Kimber back in action. Keep 'em in the 10 ring and be safe!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #10

life is a learning process, hopefully we learn from our mistakes. I have given Kimber a second chance. what choice did I have, my firearm was broken, not malfunctioning, broken. if I get it back, in at least 30 days, and it is as it should be, a reliable partner, then I will shoot it with confidence. I too have had call backs in my business. after all, it is human made. its not cancer, thank god.
keslerconstruct is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

ucii is that good

Click on a term to search for related topics.