Galco Fletch vs. Galco concealable - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #1

Galco Fletch vs. Galco concealable

I went and looked at holsters the other day and really liked the Galco Fletch. Put if on, walked around, felt good. They didn't have it in black so I had the guy order me one. It came in a few days later and I was super excited. Went home, put it on walked around with my gun , all was good. Well, until I looked in the mirror and saw the grip sticking out plain as day. Didn't even think to look in the mirror at the gun store. Rookie mistake. Now I have a $100 worth of holster that won't work. Is the Galco concealable a low rise ? I really liked the thumb break on the Fletch and haven't found one similar in a lower rise.
littlewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #2

Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Sorry don't own that Galco holster maybe someone else will post a answer.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Where were you positioning the holster? Maybe try moving it more forward or rearward. I don't own a fletch, but they seem to be popular.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #4

Little Wheel - here's some info I posted the other day in a different thread (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kim...-carry-ii.html) about the Galco Concealable.

For what it's worth, I used the Fletch for a short time with my Sig P229R, and I didn't care for it. I liked the thumb break retention, but it didn't hold in as close as the concealable and it rode way too high (rib poker).

Originally Posted by JohnnyGeek View Post
I've used the Galco Concealable line for years for my Sig P229R Elite and Sig P239, and I just picked one up yesterday for my recently acquired Kimber Ultra Carry II.

Although you might think the profile of the Galco (A) would print more than a typical pancake holster's centerline (B), it actually doesn't - it keeps the grip pulled in tight to the body, and doesn't bulge out the belt. Also - being offset, it's the most comfortable OWB holster I've ever used.

For a Kimber Ultra 3", the model number is Galco CON424B (Black) or CON424H (Havana Brown).

Here's my Ultra Carry II in one.

JohnnyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #5

Also - for what it's worth - I've found the grip holds in a bit flatter if I wear at 2:30 or 3:30 - as opposed to right at 3:00. I wear mine with a button down shirt or polo shirt, and rarely print unless I'm doing something weird. Your mileage may vary.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #6

Wink My 2 Cents Worth!!

In this same sub-thread, when OLE442 asked about a holster, I responded: "Holsters are pretty much a personal thing. I have a BIG box full of "perfect holsters" that after wearing a few times, no longer cut the mustard!! What I like may not float your boat at all. It depends on comfort, method of carry, body type (I'm fat!! I like to refer to it as "deep cover"!!), last of all, were you live and the season.

That much being said, find yourself a large box and a corner to stash it in. Then start trying out holsters. For what it's worth, I am fond of OWB holsters, specifically Askins-type holsters. They tend to carry a pistol "high and tight"!
high & tight!.jpg
High and Tight, per USMC

This is what I really mean!!!
Askins Rig.jpgAskins Rig Reverse Side.jpg
Askins Rig-designed to hold the butt of the pistol in close to the body. Little to no printing with this type of holster.

Good luck holster shopping. Let us know what you come up with. Pictures are good!!"

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 11-03-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #7

+1 on what lineman said for sure. It's totally a personal thing. I too have a box of holsters that seemed like a really good idea at the time.

Also noteworthy, while I carry primarily in a Galco Concealable, I have a couple of different go-to holsters, depending on what I'm carrying, what I'm wearing, and where I'm going to be.

For example - if I know I'm going to be in very close proximity of a bunch of people in a crowd, or I'm likely to be more active, I may carry in something with positive retention - even though it may not be as comfortable.

You did the right thing trying on the Fletch in the store - you'd be surprised how many people don't even do that. Keep doing that - try them on, walk around, etc. Don't be surprised if you end up with a big box of maybe holsters, and a small box of yes holsters - each with a different purpose.
Lineman likes this.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Yep, my box of "perfect" holsters continues to grow.
Lineman likes this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #9

Thanks for the replies. I am sure the concealable would work great. The thumb retention appeals to me as I am new to carrying concealed. Also do t want to lean over or turn sideways and have this high dollar pistol fall out. I am sure that is exaggerating a little, but you get what I'm saying.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #10

Just ordered the concealable Galco from Kimber.

Search tags for this page
galco concealable vs

galco concealable vs galco fletch

galco concealable vs pancake
galco concelable vs. galco fletch holster
galco fletch vs concealable

www.wrightleatherworks.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.