Kimber Talk Forums banner

Purchase Confirmation

12K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Lineman 
#1 ·
Finally have or taking the time to fill out the Purchase Confirmation form on Kimber's website.

With 3 Kimber's since September its about time.

Question:

They ask for your purchase Authenticity code.

What is this?

Serial #?

#3 ·
I have no idea.

#5 ·
yup
I thought it might be part of the warranty registration process

#6 ·
I don't remember being asked that when I registered my Kimbers. Give customer service a call and ask them what it is. You can probably register them with the customer service rep you talk to.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M-F, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern

#7 ·
that's exactly what I have decided

#8 ·
I'm not a fan of "registering" my firearms with anyone. Fed could subpoena mfg records if they wanted to know who/where/what.

#12 ·
You know, I don't like registering my guns....with anyone. Just my feeling.
If you don't think they know what you own already your fooling yourself..
If you buy anything on the internet {Gunbroker, Buds etc} and pay for it online, they already have all they need..
Records are made through NICS on a purchase and although they don't require a serial # on their record check, all they would have to do is put 2 n 2 together and match your purchase date with your e-mails that you receive and make on that purchase..
Yes the NSA is watching you...

#11 ·
Many Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Marshall
#13 ·
It's this thing - it was in my box. I'd imagine it's a marketing related code, as it looks very "generic". It's not a date code, because the form version is dated 12/11 in the lower corner.

Looks purely marketingish to me - it's certainly not a code or serial unique to my firearm.

#16 ·
jms-stlou - notice, our "codes" are the same - KMBR08.

Just saying - It's not a firearm-unique code. It's purely marketing - like the "be sure to enter "XMRADIO" on your order form type codes. It probably relates to a region of the country, or a particular large-volume retailer.

#18 ·
jms-stlou - notice, our "codes" are the same - KMBR08.

Just saying - It's not a firearm-unique code. It's purely marketing - like the "be sure to enter "XMRADIO" on your order form type codes. It probably relates to a region of the country, or a particular large-volume retailer.
No it's not..
It's just the code you use if you do online registration under "Authenticity Code"
LINK
Kimber America | Purchase Confirmation

#17 ·
I guess that's what people are talking about when they say pistol comes with "box and papers"?
Didn't fill out any of mine.:confused:

#19 ·
Right, I agree with you - it's for that form. I'm just saying it has absolutely nothing at all whatsoever to do with warranty registration. (It can't.) If you look at that form (which I just filled out), there is no box on that form for the unique serial number of the firearm.

It is for registering you as a consumer with Kimber's marketing department, not registering your particular firearm with their warranty department. (As the form collects no record of your specific firearm.)

#21 ·
I registered as a user in order to order some stuff from Kimber. Now I get an email from them about once a month with 'specials.' I don't mind. This appears to be the same thing.

#25 ·
Their long sleeve t-shirts are like $29 and the only thing special is the "stamped" logon on the chest. Stamped? Seriously? For that price it should be embroidered.

#27 · (Edited)
I Don't Need No Stinkin' Purchase Confirmation!!!

I didn't fill mine out and send it in. Is something bad gonna happen. Is it similar to tearing that tag off a mattress??

Shakin' in my booties!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Head Eye Toy Eyelash Yellow

Reactions: Marshall
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.