shipping via USPS :-) - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #1

shipping via USPS :-)

I just ordered a set of replacement recoil springs for my Micro .380. I called in the order and was connected with only a few minutes of hold time, cool. Even better, when it came to check-out the US mail option was offered at $5.00. Last time I ordered something, maybe a year ago, there was a minimum shipping charge that was considerably higher. Good work Kimber :-)
swca and starnovi like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #2

I was going to order a new grip safety for my Eclipse Pro about a week ago and they wanted $9.95 for shipping. I thought that was a bit ridiculous considering how small this part is. I placed my order with MidwayUSA. Glad to hear they are lowering the shipping cost.
Chuck43, cousinmark and starnovi like this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #3

Yep, I was interested in ordering recoil springs lat week, and they wanted $9.95 for UPS ground shipping. Not worth it for $18 worth of merchandise!
cousinmark likes this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #4

I think Kimber's shipping cost kills a lot of sells.
cousinmark likes this.
Hawker800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #5

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Yep, I was interested in ordering recoil springs lat week, and they wanted $9.95 for UPS ground shipping. Not worth it for $18 worth of merchandise!
...they did offer the UPS ground at $9.95 but also the lesser postal rate? The web site was messed up today too, was asking for me to log in to shop parts? The CS guy I talked with said it was being rebuilt, maybe the postal option will be there once the site is back to 100%?
JC45 and starnovi like this.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #6

Ok, need a little help here. I just received my new recoil springs for the Micro 9 and they are double the length of the old ones. Is there a trick to getting the pistol back together with this long spring? I cannot seem to compress the spring enough to fit it back into slide. thanks.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #7

Ok, need a little help here. I just received my new recoil springs for the Micro 9 and they are double the length of the old ones. Is there a trick to getting the pistol back together with this long spring? I cannot seem to compress the spring enough to fit it back into slide. thanks.
It took me a little while to get mine in also. The new one's appear longer, but you have to remember the factory spring has been compressed from the get go and then shot "X" amount of times so it will appear much shorter than the new one. Keep working at it and it will go in.
Chuck43, swca and starnovi like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
It took me a little while to get mine in also. The new one's appear longer, but you have to remember the factory spring has been compressed from the get go and then shot "X" amount of times so it will appear much shorter than the new one. Keep working at it and it will go in.
This should be fun to do right after cleaning the micro and my hands are all oiled up!
Chuck43, Marshall and cousinmark like this.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #9

This should be fun to do right after cleaning the micro and my hands are all oiled up!
I have faith that you can do it.....

BTW.....Congrats on your 1K post.....We all love having you aboard the KT crazy train.....
Chuck43, JC45 and starnovi like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #10

Are you sure you've received the .380 and not 9mm springs? In either case a new one will be considerably longer but the 9mm probably won't fit in a Micro .380.
Also, if you continue to have problems, try positioning the end that goes into the slide with the tip of the coil at about 6 o'clock. that may free up some space on top and allow you to to coax the guide rod into place. Good luck :-)
Chuck43 and starnovi like this.