Should I buy a new or take-off ambi-safety? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgeC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

Should I buy a new or take-off ambi-safety?

I just bought my first & new Kimber 1911-22 Target pistol and want to have an ambi-safety installed. Several questions:

1. Will any Kimber ambi-safety fit my 1911-22 Target pistol? I figure any ambi-safety that I buy will have to be custom fitted.

2. Will a used take-off ambi-safety create more problems for fitting than a new one. I see a lot of posts from members on asking how to take off and replace the ambi-safety, so I figure there might be some around fir sale. I shoot left handed and like the ambi-safety.

3. My old eyes are having trouble aiming with the black on black target sights, so I am thinking about replacing the rear sight with a halo sight. Any recommendations for a halo sight with a base that would fit my Kimber .22 Target? Looking at Burris FF3 or a Leupold or one in their price range.

Quick range report. Just plinking at some cans and had 6 FTE & 8 FTF with a box of Federal Auto .22LR. Had a couple of boxes of Velocitors. 1st box--4 FTE and 2 FTF. 2nd box--1FTE & 0 FTF. I would like to find a couple of aluminum mags. to try.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

GeorgeC
starnovi likes this.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Super Moderator

The best place to ask whether a standard 1911 ambi safety will fit your 1911-22 would be Kimbers customer service.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: MF, 9:30 a.m.7 p.m. Eastern

I have both the compact and target .22 conversion kits that Kimber sells and found that they need high velocity ammo to perform best.

Search tags for this page

kimber micro 9 left handed safety

kimber micro ambidextrous safety for sale

Click on a term to search for related topics.