Your thoughts on the Micro CDP. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2014, 06:33 AM   #1

Your thoughts on the Micro CDP.

Like it or not, a J-frame 360PD and my SIG P238 are going to be a part of my life. No matter what your politics, many areas in my neck of the woods are posted as "no firearms."

This is important because at our local mall many merchants permit CCW, but the promenade does not. An innocent citizen is technically in violation simply by crossing the crack in the floor separating B&N from the food court. While this is changing, and Wisconsin law mandates the party just voluntarily leave the area (and even sworn officers say "concealed is concealed") but rather than jeopardize a nice afternoon out with my wife, I just carry 'smaller.'

And let's be honest here, when I'm riding I'm already carrying far too much junk in pockets and jacket. When I got my new thumb-break right-kidney holster for my 360PD, it was so light I had to pat myself down to make sure I still had it! It was a real pleasure over the old days of JackAss rigs and full-size Colt Government models.

My SIG was a tad glitchy when I got it. It now likes the hardball, Hornady Critical Defense ammunition (and Zombies), especially when used with SIG's larger seven-shot magazine and kept clean. It's long since broken in now, and I trust it, and part of me thinks I just ought to be happy I own a reliable example.

But having owned, handled and fired the Ultra II, I wondered if I was "settling." My wife will be getting her CCW permit soon, and while she prefers J-frames, her Guardian purse is fitted for a smaller automatic. Since she's familiar with the SIG--and it functions--I might be down a pistol.

Now, I was thinking about just getting a second P238--there's lots of money on the table. But am I being short sighted? Am I justifying the SIG because of costs, when the real issue should be safety and security?

I know nothing of the Micro. What's your opinion?

Hey, carrying this stuff gets heavy!

The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #2

....Kimbers rule.

I have a Sig 238 Sport and a Sig 938 Sport. Both are accurate shooters.

If you have a problem with that, choose a orifice.
End of subject.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
Super Moderator

I've been waiting for a Micro Carry to appear in one of my LGS since the first of the year but it just hasn't happened yet. If you're interested in picking up another Sig P238 Palmetto State Armory has one on sale for $419.99.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I have a Sig 238 Sport and a Sig 938 Sport. Both are accurate shooters.
My SIG is also very reliable and accurate. It fills my needs for deeper concealment and functions with my pet load.

Those very elements are what would make it a great automatic for my wife, and she wouldn't have to worry about break-in. She wouldn't even have to buy a new holster.

I'd still have the 360PD. So in effect, I wouldn't have to do a single thing. In fact, any decision I make will be more towards springtime. But my new Kimber is growing on me, and there's plenty of time to save money for any new purchase and do some research.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #5

Wink Not A Fan Of The .380 ACP

I realize that there are a bunch of people who are fond of the .380 for a self defense pistol. I am not one of those. I have huge hands and most ultra compact pistols are nearly useless when lost in my giant meat hook hands.

For my purposes, I find that a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 Shield is my first choice for undetectable concealed carry pistol. Being kind to myself, I would describe me as big boned or portly, while in reality, let's not beat around the bush....I'M FAT!!!! I have no trouble concealing the Shield. In fact, I commonly refer to it as "Deep Cover"!!! Since I can easily hide it, I would much rather have a .40 S&W pistol than a .380 ACP. If I had the choice of a .380 or nothing, yes, I'd jump all over a .380 any day!!! Thankfully, that is not a choice I have to make.

If you and your wife feel comfortable with a .380 and can shoot it well, heck yes.....carry it. This fat, old, Georgia boy is gonna be packing that M&P 40 Shield with an Apex trigger, Trijicon Night Sights, and a dumb lookin' grin on my face 'cuzz nobody can tell I've got it!!! That makes me feel comfortable!!!

Shield in Blackhawk Model 28 Holster.JPG
Marshall and bhunted like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #6

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
[SIZE="4"]I would describe me as big boned or portly, while in reality, let's not beat around the bush....I'M FAT!!!!
...omg, to reply would be "Off Topic".

End of subject.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #7

Cool Give Me A Hell Yeah!!!

HIJACK ALERT!!! This thread will return to it's original subject after the Tin Man takes a shot at the Lineman!!!

Go ahead Tin Man!!! Us ex-Linemen is tough!!!! Reply away!!! I can handle it. I'll only cry for a little while!!!! crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif

Beware of the Lineman's Hammer!!
Mjolnir.jpg
Marshall likes this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 12-10-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #8

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
HIJACK ALERT!!! This thread will return to it's original subject after the Tin Man takes a shot at the Lineman!!!

Beware of the Lineman's Hammer!!

End of subject.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #9

Feel free to hijack, guys. About six years ago took a look at myself in the gym, and changed around my work-outs and my diet. I lost +85 pounds.

I have trouble now smuggling an ice-pick...
Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #10

Micro Carry.....Micro Carry is a reward one obtains for reaching any reasonable goal. (_______)<--- fill in blank with personal excuse for rewarding ones self satisfaction.

End of subject.

Search tags for this page

is there a better pistol than kimber micro cdp for its purpose

kimber micro carry cdp forum
kimber micro raptor
micro raptor stainless pistol
Click on a term to search for related topics.