Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Tejun
  • 2 Post By P8RIOT
  • 1 Post By Tejun
  • 2 Post By Tejun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #1

Lunch Time Range Trip

I finally got a chance to get to the range today. I think its been like a month or so.... that "work" thing has been getting in the way

Today I grabbed my Micro 380 and some Remington UMC ammo, my Solo CDC and some Freedom Munitions 124 Gr ammo, along with my recently purchased (but never shot yet) Smith & Wesson 15-22 Sport.

Started with the Solo and shot three mags of the FM ammo (Range 1 pic) at 7 yds. Not a nail driving group, but I'm pretty happy with it, being the old fart that I am with tired eyes. Other than one FTF that had a good primer strike, that was an ammo (not fun) issue, it shot 100% with NO issues whatsoever.

Next, I shot the Micro 380 and put three mags through it at same distance (Range 2 pic), and you can see that I'm shooting low to the left with it, but that has been the case a lot for me with this gun. If I go through the checklist in my mind of grip, stance aim (both eyes open), I can get it in a little better, but I'm OK with what I'm shooting with this nice little Kimber. This one was also 100% with no issues and is becoming one of my favorite guns to shoot and carry.

Then I picked up the 15-22. I had just bought a Feyachi Reflex on Amazon for $19 bucks and bolted that sucker on last night. Ran the target out to 15 yds and shot two rounds (Range 3 pic) and put both right next to the center X. That was good enough for the shootin I plan to do. Right out the box !!! Ran the target back out and put a little over 200 rnds through the gun. Man, that thing is a Hoot and a half to shoot. It ate through the Blazer ammo and never looked back..... not one issue with it.

All in all a super fun lunch outing for me...... now, I'm back at the office monitoring the software testing we have going on right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 071417 Range 1.jpg (97.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 071417 Range 2.jpg (103.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 071417 Range 3.jpg (100.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 071417 Range 4.jpg (105.5 KB, 12 views)
Chuck43, Marshall and DaveinNC like this.
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Tejun View Post
...Next, I shot the Micro 380 and put three mags through it at same distance (Range 2 pic), and you can see that I'm shooting low to the left with it.
Looks very similar to the groups I am getting with my M380 - a bit low, not so much left. Interestingly, my Raptor M9 groups tend a bit high, same amount to the left. I suspect the difference may be related to the grips.

Sounds like a fun range break - ya gotta love shooting that little 15-22.

Nice to hear some young buck is still supportin' my Social Security.
Chuck43 and DaveinNC like this.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #3

[QUOTE=Nice to hear some young buck is still supportin' my Social Security.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but not for long. My plans were to retire this year, but a very good friend of mine (owner of the company I now work for) asked me to come over and help run the company while he served a three year board assignment, which he is now in year two on. Once that is done, my plans are to start easing toward retirement by working fewer days a week until I'm either tired of it, or the total number of days off = 7
DaveinNC likes this.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #4

Gun looking guns and good looking shooting! My M380 is always low to the left as well but my problem is the shooter not the gun
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #5

Wow...that's the way to take a lunch break! Nice shooting. My M380 is spot on and runs everything I throw at it.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
Wow...that's the way to take a lunch break! Nice shooting. My M380 is spot on and runs everything I throw at it.
Yea, I'm pretty confident that it's me and not the gun. I've had range sessions where I've been dead on center with it. Most (if not all) of my issue is related to my eyesight. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. Combine that with the fact I wear monovision contacts. That entails my left eye set for distance and right eye for reading. When shooting, if I aim with right eye closed, I CANNOT see the sight on a pistol. I've had to transition to shooting with both eyes open. This basically results in seeing two or sometimes three sights. It's a brain thing 🙃 That takes regular practice. Long guns are not an issue, just pistols for me. That's why I try to practice , practice, practice.
Marshall and Cybercycle like this.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #7

Tejun, maybe this trigger chart will help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Trigger Chart.jpeg (103.7 KB, 3 views)

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Tejun View Post
Yea, I'm pretty confident that it's me and not the gun. I've had range sessions where I've been dead on center with it. Most (if not all) of my issue is related to my eyesight. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. Combine that with the fact I wear monovision contacts. That entails my left eye set for distance and right eye for reading. When shooting, if I aim with right eye closed, I CANNOT see the sight on a pistol. I've had to transition to shooting with both eyes open. This basically results in seeing two or sometimes three sights. It's a brain thing 🙃 That takes regular practice. Long guns are not an issue, just pistols for me. That's why I try to practice , practice, practice.
Given all those challenges...I think you deserve a trophy for putting all those holes in those targets with a respectful placement.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote