Hickok45 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #1

Hickok45

How many of you watch Hickok45 on You Tube? What do you think of his videos? I watch him a lot he is very informative and I like the way he explains and breaks down the firearms that he shoots. I have seen a lot of videos on firearms but I keep coming back to him. Just wondering what people think.
Chuck43, Oreste, Markie and 1 others like this.
Bear604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #2

Great guy, tall as an oak, has huge hands that can swallow a small gun, but does mostly unbiased videos. Only thing that bugs me a little. He can be long winded. Otherwise, he's not the go to for in depth technical reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Chuck43 and Bear604 like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #3

Hickok45

I agree with that but he is fun to listen to. Plus i it amazing how that man with bigs hands can shoot small guns the way he does. I also like it when he smokes pot.
Chuck43 likes this.
Bear604 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #4

Every single gun that I buy I watch his videos. Yes they are long videos, but if you have a cocktail or three while sitting on the couch it can be entertaining.

Another guy that I watch as much is Jeff Quinn on his GunBlast channel. He's an old school type of a guy and a little rough around the edges, but he knows his guns.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjz...U1GWbO0n32IJNA
Chuck43, bhunted, OLE442 and 3 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #5

In his hands a S&W 500 looks like a starter pistol. I watch his videos, most of the time he is interesting, being long winded does get on my nerves sometimes. I don't buy or not buy according to what Hickok says...since most all of the weapons he is shooting are on loan for him to try out he never really talks trash about any of them. I don't take all his comments as gospel.

I'm green with envy, I'd give anything to have a outdoor range like he has on my property.
Chuck43, Marshall, bhunted and 2 others like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Every single gun that I buy I watch his videos. Yes they are long videos, but if you have a cocktail or three while sitting on the couch it can be entertaining.

Another guy that I watch as much is Jeff Quinn on his GunBlast channel. He's an old school type of a guy and a little rough around the edges, but he knows his guns.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjz...U1GWbO0n32IJNA
Yes, I like Hickok45's style and I trust his observations.....don't always agree but do most of the time! He a real pleasant presenter of firearms opinions. I like it when he goes off and uses a subgun to kill an old clothes dryer.

Jeff at Gunblast is a hoot. Love that double pigtail beard. One of my favorites was his testing of home defense 12 gauge shotgun shell on supermarket meat. He kept saying the dogs were going to eat well!! In the end, I think he proved a lot of folks have misconceptions about shotgun home defense rounds!
Chuck43, Marshall, bhunted and 2 others like this.
OLE442 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I don't watch him regularly but when I do I find his evaluations fair and entertaining.

I'd love to have a range like he has.
2sharp2, bhunted, JC45 and 1 others like this.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #8

We always watch Hickok if we're interested seeing a gun in action. He's much more entertaining than many other. When he becomes long winded, we just move the video forward to get to more action. Our other go to guy is Larry Vickers.
bhunted likes this.
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #9

I enjoy watching his vids
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #10

Hickok45 is entertaining, some folks don't like his "down home style" from middle Tenn. As said the guns that are sent to him for T and E he isn't real objective about. That or they are all great guns. I like his reviews for entertainment purposes, if I am considering making a purchase and cannot shoot or get my hands on the type of gun I am considering, Ill watch or read more than one source to get all sides of the story.
Greg Kinman, the host of the Youtube videos is a retired middle-school English teacher and former police officer with a tour of ten years of service, is who Hickok45 is. Interestingly his videos have been removed from Youtube twice. Both times restored reason given was a mistake.
Outerlimits is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

hickok45 kimber micro

kimber ultra carry ii review hickok45

Click on a term to search for related topics.