Kimber Talk Forums banner

Raptor Family Picture

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Lineman 
#1 ·
well after a 3 day jack around between me letting my drivers license expire, and hassling with the BMV and the LGS over my personal identity I was able to bring home a Ultra Raptor 9mm, the final addition to the Raptor family. This rounds out my Kimbers at lucky 13. While I was waiting for the guy behind the counter decide if my temporary licenses was sufficient enough I came across a Ruger .357 Match Champion that I could not leave without. So today has to be one of the best mondays I have ever had....except now my gun fund is officially drained:D

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Is your Ultra Raptor II a 9mm or a 45? I have a 9 mm sapphire ultra & a 9 mm full size Raptor, but the Ultra is my favorite pistol. I'm getting the bug to buy a black Ultra Raptor II 45. I'd like to hear what you think of yours even though it's pretty obvious that you love the Raptors!

Reactions: Chuck43 and Mini Me
#7 ·
I do have a love for the Raptors lol
This new one is a 9 and it is also my first ultra that is a 9 so I am anxious to get some rounds through it. I have two other ultras that are .45, one being a Raptor, the other is an Ultra Carry, and I absolutely enjoy shooting them both. They are both very accurate for a short barrel and I have had zero issues with either of them. Out of all the Raptors, actually all my Kimbers, I have only had trouble with the full sized Raptor 9mm not wanting to extract when new. I may be biased but based on my personal experience I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Ultra Raptor .45 :D

#11 ·
Congrats on the Raptors and welcome to the "Lucky 13" club!

#13 ·
I think I recognize one of those Raptors!!!:D

Reactions: Mini Me
#14 ·
Cool!!

Nice lookin' family ya got there!!! I like Raptors!! The more the better!!! :D:D

I haven't made it beyond looking at the Ruger Match Champion. I have always liked Ruger revolvers. Big fan of the Security Six back in my revolver days.

How is the trigger on the Match Champion? I usually got my fingers into the Ruger actions and did some adjusting and polishing to improve things. You can get the trigger on a Ruger to match a Smith and Wesson, but you can't get a Smith and Wesson to be as tough as a Ruger!! :D:D

Thanks for the pictures. Sure would like to have a range report on that Ruger!! Inquiring minds need to know!!!

Shoot straight and be safe!! ;);)

Reactions: Mini Me
#15 ·
Nice lookin' family ya got there!!! I like Raptors!! The more the better!!! :D:D

I haven't made it beyond looking at the Ruger Match Champion. I have always liked Ruger revolvers. Big fan of the Security Six back in my revolver days.

How is the trigger on the Match Champion? I usually got my fingers into the Ruger actions and did some adjusting and polishing to improve things. You can get the trigger on a Ruger to match a Smith and Wesson, but you can't get a Smith and Wesson to be as tough as a Ruger!! :D:D

Thanks for the pictures. Sure would like to have a range report on that Ruger!! Inquiring minds need to know!!!

Shoot straight and be safe!! ;);)
Thanks Keith!
I haven't been to the range yet. It will be another week before I can make it there. Have a family vacation coming up :D
It has great fit and finish IMO. The trigger feels good, A little heavy in DA from what I can tell. I wont dry fire a revolver, Don't know if it's bad or not but it was what I was always told by my grand dad so it's got to be true haha
I am excited to get out there and test it out for sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.