My Eclipse Pro II - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #1

My Eclipse Pro II

Most of us always have a wishlist of new guns we want to own but we don't always have the resources to make the purchase or it's just not the right time to buy. Right now for me it's just not the right time to buy, so I decided to spruce up the first semi-auto handgun I bought.

I purchased my Eclipse Pro II when I moved to Pennsylvania which was in 2004. Back then I didn't have a computer and I knew nothing about guns. I purchased magazines to read and learn about guns. On the back cover of a gun magazine I saw the Kimber Eclipse Pro II and from the moment I saw that gun I knew that's the gun I'm going to buy as soon as I can find one. No internet so I had to find it in a gun shop. I finally found one and it cost me $900, I don't no if that was a good or bad price but I didn't care because it was going to be mine.

Well now it's 2017 and the gun is showing it's age. I'm ok with that but the gun is a bit sentimental to me because it was my first semi-auto. Seeing how I really shouldn't purchase a new gun right now I decided to make some mild changes to my Eclipse. None the these items were needed for function but over the last few months I added some relatively inexpensive changes.

I added a WC extended slide stop which was hitting the grip so the grip need to be trimmed a little. I didn't want to trim the original grip so I purchased a cheap set of black double grips that if I screwed up wouldn't matter. The slide stop didn't hit these grips so no modification was need.
Then I added a Kimber Tactical Bump Grip Safety. The old one looked purple and I like the tactical bump. No modification needed.
Then I ordered a WC single sided safety. This required some modification which I've never done so I went to YouTube and found a video. It was only $30 so I was ok if I screwed this up but I didn't. I followed the video and it work great.
Next I replaced the sear spring with a WC Bullet Proof Sear Spring. That went in just fine and no adjustment was needed. The trigger pull feels the same but the trigger feels like it has a crisp break now.
I also installed a WC Bulletproof Titanium Firing Pin. Why ? It just sounded cool. Fit no problem.
Next I replaced the MSH with a Fusion Chainlink MSH. It fit with no modifications needed. It added a nice touch to the look.
Next up was a WC Magwell, it was a simple installation that required a little modification to the grips. It was a nice upgrade for $29 and it works great for loading magazines.
The last change I made was a WC Flatwire Recoil Spring Kit. I haven't had a chance to shoot the gun with this kit but I have one on my Raptor and it's a great kit.
I did things to the gun that I never thought I would. I'm by no means a gunsmith so some of these modification had me a little nervous. If it wasn't for being on this forum I never would have attempted any modifications.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3070.JPG (1.37 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2910.JPG (1.26 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3068.JPG (1.23 MB, 16 views)
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 7 others like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #2

Way to go JC. Everything you did looks great. Sometimes adding new options to a gun makes it sorta like a "new to me" shooter in my mind.
JC45 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

What would we do without Google, YouTube, etc? So much helpful information out there! That is a good looking pistol! Hard to believe you've had it since 2004, doesn't show any signs of wear. So did that magwell give you extra capacity too? The most that I've done to my pistols is change out the recoil springs and open up the firing pin area to clean it and I watched a YouTube video for the firing pin. Otherwise, it's just clean and lube for me! Definitely a lot of experienced people on this forum with helpful information and instructions on how to do improve performance or appearance. I'm happy to learn from everyone on here too!
swca, JC45 and Supertool like this.

Heinie Lady Hawk 1911
Kimber Raptor 9mm full size SS
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Compact II 9mm
Kimber Micro 9 CTLG
Kimber Micro 380 Advocate
Sig Ultra Compact 2 tone 45 ACP
Sig P238 HD Nickel
Colt AR-15 9mm
CZ Rami 9mm
Glock 19
Glock 43
Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series C.O.R.E.
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 compact
Walther PPS M2
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Way to go JC. Everything you did looks great. Sometimes adding new options to a gun makes it sorta like a "new to me" shooter in my mind.
Thanks, That's pretty much what I was going for Marshall. It was also a good experience. I'd be willing to try some more advanced upgrades now that I know it's really not that difficult to take a 1911 apart. I also did safety checks along the way.
Marshall, Mini Me and starnovi like this.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #5

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
What would we do without Google, YouTube, etc? So much helpful information out there! That is a good looking pistol! Hard to believe you've had it since 2004, doesn't show any signs of wear. So did that magwell give you extra capacity too? The most that I've done to my pistols is change out the recoil springs and open up the firing pin area to clean it and I watched a YouTube video for the firing pin. Otherwise, it's just clean and lube for me! Definitely a lot of experienced people on this forum with helpful information and instructions on how to do improve performance or appearance. I'm happy to learn from everyone on here too!
Thanks star, the internet videos are wonderful. No, the magwell doesn't give you anymore capacity but it works well for inserting the magazine. It is held in place by the grip bushings and the grip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3066.JPG (1.28 MB, 5 views)
Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #6

Man that is SWEET.

I love it when the Eclipse was patterned like that..
JC45 likes this.
Kimber Super Carry Pro. (SOLD)
Kimber Super Carry Ultra H.D.
Kimber Stainless Raptor Pro.
Kimber Stainless Raptor Ultra. (SOLD)
Kimber Pro CDP (2017) 9mm.
Kimber Micro 9 CDP.
Sig Sauer P226 SAO Legion - 9mm.
Sig Sauer P 266 DA/SA Legion - 357 Sig. .40 S&W.
Sig Sauer P229 DA/SA Legion - 357Sig,40 S&W.
Sig Sauer P220 DA/SA Carry Legion - 45 ACP.
DGM1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #7

Originally Posted by DGM1962 View Post
Man that is SWEET.

I love it when the Eclipse was patterned like that..
Thanks Darrell, it really looked good on the back of that magazine. I loved the pattern too.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #8

Nice, real nice JC. Now you can call it your WC Eclipse.
Marshall and JC45 like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #9

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Nice, real nice JC. Now you can call it your WC Eclipse.
Your not kidding Arland. These parts cost less than the tax on WC 1911.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #10

Wow, I'm impressed. That looks beautiful and I'm with Star, just clean and lube for me so it is really huge that you did all of that.
JC45 likes this.
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote