Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 1 Post By Cucamonga kid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #1

CT Laser Grips

I seem to have a problem with my laser grips on my Solo CDP and Micro 9 that I thought I would see if anyone else has this same issue and has found a solution.

The problem is the 2nd joint of the finger used to activate the laser button falls directly over the button. I generally can get it activated initially pretty easily, but after I start shooting it becomes an issue. I find myself focusing more on a grip that will activate the laser which seems to be an un-natural grip for me and affecting my shotting accuracy.

I called CT and spoke with a representative that told me I could glue a piece of neoprene on the button to raise the area thus making activation easier. Not sure I want to do anything that might diminish the value in case I decide to sell them though. Wish there was a way to convert it to one push on, which is how my S&W Bodyguard laser works.

Anybody out there have any ideas on a solution ?
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #2

Go to your local hardware store or Home Depot and they have small silicone rubber peel and stick buttons usually used for cabinet doors to quiet the closing of the doors; they come in all sizes and maybe you can find one small enough to work for you. Also thinking that maybe the pistol is creeping up in your fist after you fire and losing contact with the button. Are you using a mag with a pinky extension to give you a tighter grip?
Tejun likes this.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Go to your local hardware store or Home Depot and they have small silicone rubber peel and stick buttons usually used for cabinet doors to quiet the closing of the doors; they come in all sizes and maybe you can find one small enough to work for you. Also thinking that maybe the pistol is creeping up in your fist after you fire and losing contact with the button. Are you using a mag with a pinky extension to give you a tighter grip?
Thats a great idea ! and I know exactly the buttons you are talking about.

I have the extended mag/grip on the M9, but not the Solo and you are right, that might be happening. Everything seems to be fine when doing quick aim drills with snap caps at home. I just seem to have problems at the range
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #4

And then again, with the deadly accuracy of your laser on your first shot you may not need a second or third. Just sayin' - carry-on.
Tejun likes this.