What Next??? - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 163
What Next???

I just sold the last Glock that I had this morning. Now I am trying to decide what Kimber to buy next. I am thinking the Pro TLE II with the threaded barrel, so I can get into the suppressor game. I know that everybody's taste is different, but I would like your opinion on different Kimbers. I don't own any Ultras or Micros. I was also thinking about getting the Super Carry Ultra +. What is next on the list for you guys?
__________________
My Kimbers:
Classic Carry Pro
Master Carry Pro
Super Carry Pro
Pro Raptor II
Custom Stainless II

More to come...........

JOHNNY
SynysterHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,523
the only ones you don't have that is on my list is the stainless pro raptor and the micro cdp. you already have most of what I don't that is on my list.
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 163
The Stainless Raptor is definitely on my list... Not to sure how the micro would fit in my big mits. I've never held one. I guess I have a reason to go back.
__________________
My Kimbers:
Classic Carry Pro
Master Carry Pro
Super Carry Pro
Pro Raptor II
Custom Stainless II

More to come...........

JOHNNY
SynysterHD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 02-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Dons1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 283
I personally am a Pro fan...but I am currently courting a Custom Master Carry!!! Don't tell my wife! I own Pros and Customs, a Micro and a Solo, but no Ultra's. I have a S&W 3" that I sometimes use for a BUG, but the Pro works for me! Chickadee has an Ultra for sale in the classified on this forum...might take a look!
Dons1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 163
Originally Posted by Dons1911 View Post
I personally am a Pro fan...but I am currently courting a Custom Master Carry!!! Don't tell my wife! I own Pros and Customs, a Micro and a Solo, but no Ultra's. I have a S&W 3" that I sometimes use for a BUG, but the Pro works for me! Chickadee has an Ultra for sale in the classified on this forum...might take a look!
I'm more of a pro guy myself. I shoot my wife's 3" S&W Pro Series and it's a great shooter. So an Ultra isn't too far away for me. I'll check Chickadee's out now...
__________________
My Kimbers:
Classic Carry Pro
Master Carry Pro
Super Carry Pro
Pro Raptor II
Custom Stainless II

More to come...........

JOHNNY
SynysterHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,824
Chickadees Ultra Tactical Ultra II is a great gun, a while back she mentioned that it might be going up for sale and I told he to let me know when she finally decided to sell it. Unfortunately for me she offered it to me the day after I bought 3 guns and a bunch of other stuff depleting my gun money and then some. She takes excellent care of her guns, you won't go wrong if you end up buying it from her.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 163
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Chickadees Ultra Tactical Ultra II is a great gun, a while back she mentioned that it might be going up for sale and I told he to let me know when she finally decided to sell it. Unfortunately for me she offered it to me the day after I bought 3 guns and a bunch of other stuff depleting my gun money and then some. She takes excellent care of her guns, you won't go wrong if you end up buying it from her.
I'm going to have to go and really get a grip on the Ultras to see if I really like them. That looks to be a decent deal.
__________________
My Kimbers:
Classic Carry Pro
Master Carry Pro
Super Carry Pro
Pro Raptor II
Custom Stainless II

More to come...........

JOHNNY
SynysterHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Piney Woods
Posts: 104
When you 1st put your hands on a Ultra. They might not feel just right.
But after you have shot one a few times. The weapon just seems to change how it fits your hand.
cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Insta-Gator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 11,763
Originally Posted by cardboard View Post
When you 1st put your hands on a Ultra. They might not feel just right.
But after you have shot one a few times. The weapon just seems to change how it fits your hand.
Totally agree. And, I might add, be sure to hold it with both hands in your shooting grip. A casual one-hand grab is not going to give you an accurate feel.
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 163
Originally Posted by cardboard View Post
When you 1st put your hands on a Ultra. They might not feel just right.
But after you have shot one a few times. The weapon just seems to change how it fits your hand.
Understood... My buddy has a Master Carry Ultra and I will try that one out next week at the range. Not sure how much different it's going to feel with the Trace grips as opposed to standard grips. We'll see!
__________________
My Kimbers:
Classic Carry Pro
Master Carry Pro
Super Carry Pro
Pro Raptor II
Custom Stainless II

More to come...........

JOHNNY
SynysterHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On