Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sick1
  • 2 Post By Insta-Gator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #1

A Project Kimber Ultra Tactical

About three months ago, I purchased a Kimber Ultra Tactical from a reliable source. The pistol came at a VERY good price, in large part, due to some very rough use. Cosmetically, it shows some hard use but everything else check out fine AND it is a VERY good shooter.

I have decided to get some work done. Since I live in Phoenix AZ, I have access to Robar Guns. I know that I am going with the NP3+ for the internals and am leaning towards a black satin Roguard finish on the outside. As for other, gunsmith work, I am on the fence. The reliability package that includes, Pistol tuned for total reliability (1911 style pistols only), includes throat barrel, polish feed ramp, tune extractor, polish breech face, lower ejection port & test fire. The trigger pull and feel is excellent, so that will not got any treatment.

Between the previous owner and myself, we have put about 2,500 rounds through it. Anybody have ideas or recommendations for my project?
JCBnPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2015, 01:18 AM   #2

Your gun already has the "reliability package", your money would be better spent elsewhere. The Rogard is a nice durable finish and the NP3 is amazing.
JCBnPHX likes this.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #3

Other than trying to improve the appearance, I was wondering why you would want to mess with a gun that is a "VERY good shooter." For a carry gun, I'm not sure I'd concern myself with the cosmetics. Reliability and accurate shootability would be my only concerns. Perhaps you could use the funds to acquire a new BBQ gun and holster rig?

YMMV
JCBnPHX and sick1 like this.
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote