Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By buck119
  • 1 Post By Lineman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #1

Thumbs up Five Easy Pieces

A nice article for the aficionados of the brand. In case you can find the magazine. I bought it at Walmart today.

... Through the 375 test rounds there were non malfunctions. But the real news of this shootout is how similar the results are. .....

This is the magazine:

Zoomybaby likes this.

Last edited by buck119; 03-07-2015 at 08:32 PM.
buck119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-07-2015, 11:13 PM   #2

Wink Try It Again!!!

I'm a big fan of Shooting Times. Any of their special issues, like this one are always good. Great writers, great articles and very in depth, easy reading.

They did the article on the Kimber 1911's. They should have done on on another brand of 1911's also. The results of that would probably turn out some interesting facts!!! It could be bad news for some of the Kimber Haters out there!!! Maybe ST could have Bart Skelton do one of his dad's torture tests to compare 5 Kimbers with 5, let's say Springfield Armory 1911's. Skeeter (Bart's dad) originated the torture test in ST by shooting 50,000 rounds through a Smith and Wesson Model 39. At the end, the frame had a small crack in it, but was still shooting.

Thanks for sharing this, Buck!!
buck119 likes this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #3

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
I'm a big fan of Shooting Times. Any of their special issues, like this one are always good. Great writers, great articles and very in depth, easy reading.

They did the article on the Kimber 1911's. They should have done on on another brand of 1911's also. The results of that would probably turn out some interesting facts!!! It could be bad news for some of the Kimber Haters out there!!! Maybe ST could have Bart Skelton do one of his dad's torture tests to compare 5 Kimbers with 5, let's say Springfield Armory 1911's. Skeeter (Bart's dad) originated the torture test in ST by shooting 50,000 rounds through a Smith and Wesson Model 39. At the end, the frame had a small crack in it, but was still shooting.

Thanks for sharing this, Buck!!
Not so much a torture test on that model 39 but more of a durability/dependability test. Federal Ammunition put 297,000 rounds through a H&K .
canonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote