Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By 427malibu

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #1

Kimber Micro 9 CDP

Good Morning from SOGGY N. Alabama
I have several Kimber's and have started carrying the Micro 9 in a DM Bullard from Azale Texas,Holster made for the Micro 9. But I notice that the Safety moves from the Safe position to Fire position on its on, I try to remember to keep a check on it but at times I forget and find it in the unsafe position. I carry it in the Condition 1, but am feeling Very Uneasy about this. Any Suggestions and do others have this same Problem.
Thanks
Woody
KO4BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #2

Hey woody - You may want to try this. I don't know if it will work or not.... Take your weapon and put this safety on. Wrap it in plastic wrap. Wet the holster down real well. Insert the weapon and then mold the holster with your fingers to get it to match the weapon with the safety on. Let it dry on its own and it my help. Just a thought of doing it this way if I were having the same issues.

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #3

Originally Posted by KO4BG View Post
Good Morning from SOGGY N. Alabama
I have several Kimber's and have started carrying the Micro 9 in a DM Bullard from Azale Texas,Holster made for the Micro 9. But I notice that the Safety moves from the Safe position to Fire position on its on, I try to remember to keep a check on it but at times I forget and find it in the unsafe position. I carry it in the Condition 1, but am feeling Very Uneasy about this. Any Suggestions and do others have this same Problem.
Thanks
Woody
Which BMBullard holster do you have ? I use their Bodyguard Holster with my Micro 380 and Micro 9 without any issues like that.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #4

Hey Woody, condition 1 is a round in the chamber, hammer cocked and the safety "ON". That's how the pistol is made to be carried. Cocked and unlocked like your inadvertently carrying is a potential DISASTER!!! Either the safety isn't properly clicking into it's detent or something is way off with the holster. In either case, with no grip safety, I'd STRONGLY suggest you get it figured out and not take any chances before heading out with that rig. I believe there's a thread from a month or so ago about Micro 9 safeties not positively engaging? Something along the lines of pulling the hammer a little further back to get the safety to positively engage...?
... good luck, "don't shoot yourself in the foot".
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:27 PM   #5

Thanks Guys, the Bullard Holster is Made for the Micro 9, its the KM9, and have several of his Holsters and Never had any problem until this! I also have the Kimber 45 Ultra and the Micro 380 with No Problems. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Safety on Both sides?? I also have a couple of Holsters made by My Good Friend & Masonic Brother, John O'Rourk who makes a Wonderful Holster. And I'll be EXTRA Careful about this and I have tried Pulling the Hammer all the way back and setting the Safety but it doesn't change anything! I would hate to Throw a good Kimber away but I for sure don't want to get Hurt or Hurt Some One Else because of a Poorly made weapon. I'll call Kimber tomorrow just to see what they say!
Thanks
Woody
Old 02-16-2018, 06:45 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to loadedround
Kimber has a lifetime warranty on all their pistols. Why don't you call customer service, talk to them, and request a prepaid label to return your pistol to Kimber. That safety problem should be very simple to fix.

Originally Posted by KO4BG View Post
Thanks Guys, the Bullard Holster is Made for the Micro 9, its the KM9, and have several of his Holsters and Never had any problem until this! I also have the Kimber 45 Ultra and the Micro 380 with No Problems. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Safety on Both sides?? I also have a couple of Holsters made by My Good Friend & Masonic Brother, John O'Rourk who makes a Wonderful Holster. And I'll be EXTRA Careful about this and I have tried Pulling the Hammer all the way back and setting the Safety but it doesn't change anything! I would hate to Throw a good Kimber away but I for sure don't want to get Hurt or Hurt Some One Else because of a Poorly made weapon. I'll call Kimber tomorrow just to see what they say!
Thanks
Woody
loadedround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by loadedround View Post
Kimber has a lifetime warranty on all their pistols. Why don't you call customer service, talk to them, and request a prepaid label to return your pistol to Kimber. That safety problem should be very simple to fix.
Kimber does not have a lifetime warranty, their written warranty is for 1 year. That being said I've never known Kimber to not go way beyond that 1 year warranty even on used guns.

Terms of Warranty & Service Agreement

This limited warranty has been drafted in compliance with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Federal Trade Commission Improvement act, which is effective for goods manufactured on or after December 31, 1995.

Kimber firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of the original retail purchase as new merchandise. Kimber agrees to correct, by repair or replacement with a new or comparable model, a qualifying Kimber product without charge, if returned with a copy of a dated bill of sale. Kimber assumes no responsibility for product malfunction, physical injury or property damage resulting in whole or in part from criminal use, or negligent, improper or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, use of defective, improper or hand-loaded ammunition, abuse, neglect or any other influences beyond Kimberís control.

This warranty does not apply to the normal wear of any parts or surface finish, including metal, wood, plastic, rubber or other materials. This warranty does not cover repairs related to unreasonable use, corrosion, damage, barrels damaged by an obstructed bore. It also does not apply to loss or damage suffered during return shipment.

Kimber reserves the right to inspect the product before making replacements or repairs covered by this warranty.

Under no circumstances shall Kimber be held liable for incidental or consequential damages with respect to economic loss, injury or property damage resulting from the breach of either the express or implied warranty. This limitation does not apply to states that disallow the exclusion of consequential or incidental damages.

This warranty grants specific legal rights to the original retail purchaser only. Other rights may apply and vary from state to state. The terms of this warranty may only be changed in writing by an officer of Kimber Mfg., Inc. The Kimber factory at 1 Lawton Street, Yonkers, NY 10705 is the only authorized repair location
Tejun and GoCart like this.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #8

I called Kimber customer service and spoke to one of their reps, he said they had Never Heard of that happening and offered NO solution or idea's, I wonder should I change Holsters, this one has the Leather that comes up between the left side above the Pistol and your Body, the Right side Safety is totally exposed. Could it be the Holster letting this Happen? Can the Right side Safety switch be removed?
Thanks
Woody
Old 02-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #9
Super Moderator

I use OWB holsters and all my carry guns have ambidextrous safeties. The right side safeties are completely exposed and I've never experienced anything like you're describing. I would take a serious look at the holster.
JC45 and 427malibu like this.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #10

I have the micro 9 cdp lg and use a leather pancake holster that has the sweat shield. My safety never had problems with disengaging. Also my other 1911 never had problems. Once my rather large boxer dog jumped up to give me a hug and that knocked the safety offbut thats Iit.
Chuck43 likes this.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber micro 9 warranty

Click on a term to search for related topics.