Crimson Laser Grips - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #1

Crimson Laser Grips

How well do these work? Do they hold up to a pounding? Since these don't come on the gun that I'm interested in (Eclipse Custom II 10MM) I need to find out if they are worth the money. All comments good or bad are welcome, even the smart a__ ones.
ccwppq13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

I have these on my custom crimson carry II and they work great for me. I am able to use the laser along with the sights (consistent form) to shoot quite well. It took me a while to adjust the laser but now it is dead on the mark. I have people that are with me at the range comment that the bullet is definitely going to where the laser was, it just takes a steady shooter to keep it on target. I have only 400 or so rounds through my gun with these grips so it is limited but have not had any problem. I would still have night sights on a gun with a laser, that still bugs me about my Kimber, just got to get around to getting that sorted out.

I know instagator did not like the laser, couldn't get used to it. Maybe you should try to see if a forum member who has these could let you try it out to see how you like it.
ccwppq13 likes this.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #3

Originally Posted by ccwppq13 View Post
How well do these work? Do they hold up to a pounding? Since these don't come on the gun that I'm interested in (Eclipse Custom II 10MM) I need to find out if they are worth the money. All comments good or bad are welcome, even the smart a__ ones.
Laser grips are a personal taste item. I like them, I have Kimber's with and without them. I added Crimson Trace grips to my EDC pistol a CDP Ultra. Do they work great? YES. Do I have them on and use them all the time? NO. I like having the option. If I am out after dark I try to remember to flip the little on/off switch so they would work if the need comes up. They will take a pounding. They are worth the money to me. I just bought another CT grip but I got the Green laser cause I can see it better. Probably going to swap it out with the red one on my EDC.
Will it be worth the money to you, on a full size Kimber? Don't know depends on what you are going to use it for. Range, EDC, Home Defense?

Sometimes if you shop around there are some pretty good deals on ebay. I have bought and found two for $250.00 each both were new in box.
Chuck43 and ccwppq13 like this.

Last edited by 2sharp2; 04-18-2015 at 01:58 PM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #4

I have them on both of my Kimbers. One is for home defense and the other is for EDC. Mine have held up well so far and I am happy with them.
ccwppq13 likes this.
maansmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #5

Thank you for the quick replies. It sounds like I need to buy a set for my gun, when I get around to ordering it
Old 04-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I'd suggest you try shooting a gun with them before buying a set. I bought a Sig 1911 C3 that came with a set of C/T grips. I shot terribly with the laser I couldn't hit spit so I gave the gun to my son. He took it home with him and when I talked with him a coupe of weeks later he said he couldn't shoot with the laser so he took the grips off and sold them, thanks for the gun dad.
Lineman, Deputy347k9 and ccwppq13 like this.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #7

Okay Thank you Chuck
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #8

I have two sets of "Crimson Laser Grips" and really enjoy them. As previously stated, it took a few minutes to adjust but well worth it to me. I can hold the weapon at waist level using only the red dot as my target acquisition. Weapon is "on the money". But we must remember, "if we can see the red dot the suspect can see us"
Chuck43 and ccwppq13 like this.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #9

I had "Crimson Trace Laser Grips" on a Kahr PM9. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I found myself focusing on the laser and not the target. Took them off and I was back to normal. YMMV
Chuck43, Lineman and Zoomybaby like this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member

Last edited by Dude22; 04-18-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:57 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Dude22 View Post
I had "Crimson Trace Laser Grips" on a Kahr PM9. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I found myself focusing on the laser and no the target. Took them off and I was back to normal. YMMV
Ditto for me brother... Lol

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

2014 kimber 1911 handguns with crimson trace grips only.

how to installcrimson laser grips for kimber
Click on a term to search for related topics.