NRA Gun of the Year - Kimber Pro Carry II - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #1

NRA Gun of the Year - Kimber Pro Carry II

I am the proud new owner of this gun and it is really nice. Too nice though (in my opinion) to shoot.
I'm not rich but I'm not dodging bill collectors either. With that said, I'm a shooter, not a collector.
Hoping some of you Kimber fans can provide some insight as to what I should do:
Keep it and put it up? Not a real fan of this because I enjoy shooting

Sell/trade for something else that I wouldn't be afraid to shoot? Thinking I could trade for a couple of more moderately priced pistols that I can enjoy

Shoot and enjoy regardless of the fact that are a finite number of these pistols? Worried about the consequences of shooting something that may be worth more someday if it can still be called "new in box" down the road...

Constructive opinions and input is appreciated and respected.
StrongArm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #2

Shoot it and enjoy. Any gun that goes unshot is a waste of money. Yes, it's a nice gun, but it's a production gun, not a hand-crafted one of a kind. Not a collector's item.

Welcome to KT.
Lineman, Kimsey, glokrok and 1 others like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
I agree with my Gator friend, Owning a gun you cant shoot is like having a beautiful woman you cant touch. And trading either for something not as nice sounds like a bad idea to me. I would proudly shoot and enjoy it.
did someone hack Zoomy's id?
Marshall and Lineman like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #4

Insta-gator and I had a similar conversation. One great aspect of firearm hobby is that you can get a gun, shoot it, and if taken care of, it will hold its value pretty darn well. What else is like that? How much will a $1200 tv be worth in 5 or 10 years? You will have so much fun shooting that gun, if you decide to sell it will be all upside. Load up and shoot!!
Insta-Gator likes this.

Last edited by Maineiac64; 04-25-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Maineiac64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #5

Shoot it. The NRA guns are cool, but I doubt they will ever see an increase in value just because they are an NRA labeled gun. Just have fun with it.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 PM   #6

Thank you all for your input, if I were to decide to sell it, would any of you have a fair starting price to ask for?
Additionally trade value and sell value are 2 different figures, so a ballpark trade value would be appreciated as well.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #7

Originally Posted by StrongArm67 View Post
Thank you all for your input, if I were to decide to sell it, would any of you have a fair starting price to ask for?
Additionally trade value and sell value are 2 different figures, so a ballpark trade value would be appreciated as well.
Whatever a Pro Carry goes for is the value. Look on GB and see what new and used are going for.
StrongArm67 likes this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #8

Thanks again guys, I appreciate it. At the end of the day, I just can't see me carrying and using this gun as is.
I will take a look at GB and other places as well and go from there. Thanks again and have a good one!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:35 PM   #9

I understand the reluctance and the dichotomy of your concerns. It's so nice you want it, it's so nice you want to hide it in your sock drawer.

I used to buy two identical knives, look them over, and polish and then carry the one with the most flaws. The "best" one was usually sold off to clients.

No says you should 'abuse' the pistol. Clean it, buy a decent holster, if something breaks or scratches it, just get it fixed as you would the family automobile.

Just enjoy it. And if you're looking for "safe queen" style cutlery, I have plenty of boat anchors on the shelf that should be hidden in the sock drawer of your house...
Deputy347k9 likes this.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #10

Tourist, you are right on the money! There are other issues as well such as the fact that I'm a lefty and for some reason, 1911 mfg's don't much care for us.

Another thing, I can see the possibility of selling or trading for 2 good quality pistols so that my wife and I can upgrade our daily carry guns with little to no money out of pocket.

Like I said, I'm not rich, but I'm not penniless either and the thought of selling or trading for 2 nice guns vs keeping one awesome that I would be afraid of damaging, is weighing heavily on my mind....oh well, I have plenty of time to decide. Thanks again for your input, it is appreciated!

Search tags for this page
friends of the nra kimber pro carry ii

kimber nra gun of the year

kimber pro carry ii nra

kimber pro carry ll .45 nra

nra 2015 kimber

nra gun of the year 2015 value

nra kimber gun of the year

nra missouri ultra carry ii
Click on a term to search for related topics.