Solo Advice Pls - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #1
jdb

Solo Advice Pls

This is my first Kimber - First day out had many fail to feed and eject problems, but then the slide stopped holding open, took it home and gave her a good cleaning, back to the range - stepped up to 147 grain to see if that fixed the problem, still very unreliable. Then, at about the 240 rd mark the grip fell off, not screws backing off, the grip screws pulled the grommets out of the frame. I sent it back to Kimber, its been in prison for nearly a month now. I have no doubt they will fix it, but my question is, has anyone received a Solo that had to be sent back that came back a 100% reliable?
jdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #2

JDB,

Welcome to the forum. I think if you go look through the Solo sub-forum you will find some folks who HAVE had good experience getting the 'mother-ship' to resolve early teething pains. Reach out to the Customer Service folks to get a status update.

John
Lineman likes this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
jdb

Thank, I did - they told me it had been evaluated and is on to the next step. I asked if there were any notes via the evaluation, he said no its just how their process works. He told me to wait a couple more weeks before I called back. This is about like the NFA process via wait times - lol.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Just remember you gun is in New York and the rep you're talking to is in Montana.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #5

I had NO problems.....,then problems....back to KIMBER.....now NO problems.......Love It, Carry It....Depend on It.....good Luck!
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
jdb

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Just remember you gun is in New York and the rep you're talking to is in Montana.
I did not know that - but it doesn't surprise me. I didn't think they allowed guns in New York? Should have known better than trust a gun company from New York - lol.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #7

Hey, every company has their own YUGO. lol.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:31 AM   #8

Cool Ouch!! That Hurts!!!

Originally Posted by Albert.Cairns View Post
Hey, every company has their own YUGO. lol.
Oh Jeez, that hurts!!! That is gonna leave a really deep and lasting mark!!! WOW!!!

The Solo did not deserve that!!!!

JDB, trust the folks at Kimber. While you may have started with an "OOPS PISTOL", they will make it right. Those folks are famous for making a seeming lemon meet the expectations of the owner. I'm betting that you will not recognize what comes from "Yonkas, New Yawk"!!! You are gonna be glad that you hung in there!! They set Nellybelle straight and he is now a happy camper. He now uses his Solo as his EDC pistol!!!

I think that Harry Potter works in the Kimber Customer Service Department!!! Not sure, though!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:39 AM   #9
jdb

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
Oh Jeez, that hurts!!! That is gonna leave a really deep and lasting mark!!! WOW!!!

The Solo did not deserve that!!!!

JDB, trust the folks at Kimber. While you may have started with an "OOPS PISTOL", they will make it right. Those folks are famous for making a seeming lemon meet the expectations of the owner. I'm betting that you will not recognize what comes from "Yonkas, New Yawk"!!! You are gonna be glad that you hung in there!! They set Nellybelle straight and he is now a happy camper. He now uses his Solo as his EDC pistol!!!

I think that Harry Potter works in the Kimber Customer Service Department!!! Not sure, though!!
I hope you are correct, as far as what I am looking for via features this is one for me, and I really like the way it handles. I have read many stories of folks having to send them back two or three times before they either sold or retired the pistol. But surely there are good stories as well. Im still hoping it will turn out good.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #10

Sorry fellas, my evil side took over there, couldn't help myself. I'm better now. Any pistol can be worked on by a good Smith to preform correctly. Just wish Kimber would have put a little more R&D effort into the firearm.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

harry potterfield talking about kimber solo

Click on a term to search for related topics.