Medical report! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Medical report!

I am a type II diabetic. Unfotunately I did not take it very seriously when I first found out I was diabetic and had to pay the pauper so to speak. I lost my lower left leg below the knee because of my neglignce when it came to my own health care never got physicals thought pills and supplements were for old people smoked a pack or two of Marlboro every day (smoked for 45 yrs.) I quit smoking on the 18 of june 2014.
You know I was invincible. It was not until I woke one morning on the seventh of June 2014 and found left foot to be cold. Thought I just slept on it wrong and the ciculation would come back. This was on a saturday. I went to the swapmeet that morning like I always did. The ciculation did not return. 2 yrs. later after 14 surgeries trying to save my lower leg and foot my surgeon was forced to take my leg.
I am writing this not for any kind of sympathy. I am posting this because I am sure I am not the only member who is a dibetic. I am writing this to show the importance of listening to your body when it comes to your health. I had symptoms of being tired all the time muscle cramping in my calves there were probably more symptoms but I felt most of it was being caused by me being a little overwieght and out of shape no biggie right!
(After sticking to the proper diet and listening to my internist) I just received my latest blood test results for A1C it is a test that will tell you what your blood sugar has been on average for the last three months. I peed in a cup and and had full battery of blood work. (all test #s came back in normal ranges I mean every single category red bloold cell count glucose chollestoral etc,
For the last four years now I am happy to report I have been able to keep my A1c at 5.5 standard range is <6.9. I have not been this healthy in many many years. After hearing about other members health issues I just thought a good health report might help might help others who are suffering from health issues to keep the faith and work at their own health. I know some of the health issues for some of our members are not going to be cured by diet and supplements sometimes the only course of action is to put your faith in our lord. I feel I have been fotunate in that I am able to keep my health under control by medication and diet and prayer. Bottom line is with a little work and prayer it can payoff!

Love all of you!
Tom

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 04-17-2018 at 01:29 PM.
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #2

By the way I am leaving in ahalf hour to get my yearly retinal exam for diabetes painless test. Besides you get a free pair of sunglasses to wear home. The last eye exam I had they told me my vision had actually improved did not knw that was even possible I was just hoping for no change. Maybe my shooting will improve also. Hey I managed to fit a little gun talk in

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
Old 04-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #3

Just wait to you move to Utah and you feel that freedom coursing through your veins.
Chuck43, swca and starnovi like this.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #4

I have been in the hospital since last Monday eating their food and their meds and they can even get their sheet straight. They have crashed me over a dozen times so far. Doing my heart attack recouperation no good.
Chuck43, RugerLuger and starnovi like this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
I have been in the hospital since last Monday eating their food and their meds and they can even get their sheet straight. They have crashed me over a dozen times so far. Doing my heart attack recouperation no good.
Sorry to hear that buddy. I've spent enough time in the body shop to know it's not anywhere anyone of us want to be.

The very best to you for a complete recovery and back to your life.

swca: Same well wishes to you. Most of us here are older and can appreciate being healthy (or not). As they say...."gettin' old is not for sissies!"
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 2 others like this.
Rick in Oregon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Just wait to you move to Utah and you feel that freedom coursing through your veins.
I am already feeling it to a degree. I have been tuned up all day since getting the good reports on my overall health. My surgeon told me post surgery that I would not be out of the woods for another year to a year and a half as far as my left leg was concerned. It has been a year and 4 months. Close enough. Yippi kye yea momma sita.
Chuck43, Marshall, Dude22 and 7 others like this.

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #7

That is such great news Tom !! Good for you. Now the key will be to maintain that healthy lifestyle and it sounds like you are taking the right steps already with a move to Utah.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and swca like this.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
Shootinit, hoping things get turned around and the recovery process goes well.
Chuck43, Marshall and swca like this.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #9

Glad to hear you're doing well, Tom.

Shootinit, hope you're better and out of there soon.
Chuck43 likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #10

Outstanding!

my A1c at 5.5 standard range is <6.9

I'd say your on top of things with a 5.5! I know it takes a lot of work and commitment For a type II to get that low. All I can say is stay with it. Its a lifelong fight and only you have input into the length of that battle.

Russ
Chuck43 and swca like this.