Kimber Talk Forums banner

How long does it take you to shoot 1000 rnds

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Deputy347k9 
#1 ·
I've got several several 100 reload rounds that are about 20yo or more, bout a 1000 reloads, and I can't seem to make a dent in the total.

I take a 100 to 200 rnds with me to go shooting, (which is less then my new years resolution to shoot more often), and after 50 or so shots fired, I'm had enough. I need better targets. Something along Hickok45's set up would be a nice shooting area that would keep me going for a good long while.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45/videos

When I use to live in the high desert there was lots of trash to shoot, now here in Montana it's all clean pristine wilderness. Good for living, but bad for shooting. :cool:

#4 ·
Me and you both, would love to have a range like Hickok in the back yard.

I had a 50 round box and a half plus I think 22 loaded magazines with about 7 rounds each. Little over 200 rounds and when it was gone I was ready to go.
I could maybe shoot more from the Pro model but not the Ultra.

#3 ·
I've easily done 500 rounds in a session.:p

But I also have (25) 8 round Kimpro Tac Mags and a Maglula UpLULA Pistol Magazine Loader.:D

Helps to load before you shoot.:cool:

#5 ·
Depends on the caliber. When I had friends that lived in more rural areas, we could go through 1,000 22LR rounds in a weekend. My best man and I once went through 1/2 case of Chinese 7.62x39mm (it came packed in 1360 round crates then) in an afternoon.

Then again I knew one of our friends who went through 6,000 rounds of 22-250 in South Dakota during a week's vacation. He also went through the barrel...

#6 ·
Can you imagine how many thousands of dollars Hickok has invested in targets????????????????????:eek:

The Price ain't cheap!!!!!!!!!!:D

#7 ·
One day last year I went through 500 rounds of .45, 9mm and .380 in one range trip. That was the first time I was ever happy to leave the range. I usually shoot between 200 and 300 rounds a trip.

#13 ·
My 2 Cents Worth!!

I could go through a 1000 rounds in 2-3 weeks, easily!! Heck, back in the hey day of shooting competition, I went through 1200 rounds a week in practice and another 800 or so on the weekend in various competitions. I got powder and primers at bulk rates and I got lead for free, then I spent the winter bullet casting and reloading!!!

I pretty much burned myself out on reloading. In fact I sold all of my equipment last year. I still compete on a limited level, but buy my ammo now days!!Old age tends to slow you down a touch or so!!! ;););)

Reactions: Dude22 and Chuck43
#15 ·
If I have the AR15 at the range I will normally put 400-500 rounds downrange each session. With the 45s & 9MM about 200-250 each session. 22 caliber will use up 400+. With the AR I usually load up 6 magazines each time, shoot em up and reload. For all my handguns I have at least 5 magazines each. Hoping to use the Smith & Wesson M&P22 more once the new sights are installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.