Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By Maineiac64
  • 1 Post By 2sharp2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #1

Laser Alignment

Zoomy got me to thinking about this. For those that have Crimson Trace Laser grips have you made any alignment adjustments? Well I hadn't until today. In typical male fashion I finally read the instructions in the Crimson Trace box.
It suggested making adjustments so when you have a correct sight picture (for me three dots straight across) the laser dot should be sitting on top of the front sight.
I have the Ultra RCP, Master Carry Pro, Ultra CDP with laser grips and all three dots were left and low. They supply a tiny wrench to make changes and it only takes small changes to move the dot.
I decided to adjust mine in the dining room/kitchen (don't look at the mess) and I will test on next range trip. I took pics with phone I hope they are ok. The important thing is look for the "dot" on top of the front sight. To me the "Green" is the easiest to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150522_154646774_HDR.jpg (3.21 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150522_155728286_HDR.jpg (3.19 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150522_160412736_HDR.jpg (3.24 MB, 21 views)
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #2

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Zoomy got me to thinking about this. For those that have Crimson Trace Laser grips have you made any alignment adjustments? Well I hadn't until today. In typical male fashion I finally read the instructions in the Crimson Trace box.
It suggested making adjustments so when you have a correct sight picture (for me three dots straight across) the laser dot should be sitting on top of the front sight.
I have the Ultra RCP, Master Carry Pro, Ultra CDP with laser grips and all three dots were left and low. They supply a tiny wrench to make changes and it only takes small changes to move the dot.
I decided to adjust mine in the dining room/kitchen (don't look at the mess) and I will test on next range trip. I took pics with phone I hope they are ok. The important thing is look for the "dot" on top of the front sight. To me the "Green" is the easiest to see.
Just to clear one thing up Mr Sharp, I never said anything about reading the instructions. Lol, I think from the pictures the green shows up better also. Looks like you have them spot on.

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #3

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
So that's what that tool is for in the box that GiGi's CT grips came in that are "STILL" for sale.....

https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/mis...rips-sale.html
2sharp2 and Zoomybaby like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #4

Yes, I adjusted mine and got the laser perfectly aligned, money!
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:02 AM   #5

Wink My 2 Cents Worth!!

That's how they are supposed to be adjusted!! The CT grip on my Custom Stainless II was set up by my LGS owner. He had the laser dot setting on top of the front sight, with the three dot lined up correctly at 25 yards. That pistol hit spot on when using the laser.

Nice toy, but I never depended on it for self defense!! Guess I'm to old to learn that new trick!! Woof!! Woof!! Night sights are as techno as I get!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:13 PM   #6

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
That's how they are supposed to be adjusted!! The CT grip on my Custom Stainless II was set up by my LGS owner. He had the laser dot setting on top of the front sight, with the three dot lined up correctly at 25 yards. That pistol hit spot on when using the laser.

Nice toy, but I never depended on it for self defense!! Guess I'm to old to learn that new trick!! Woof!! Woof!! Night sights are as techno as I get!!
You may be missing out. Why would you be afraid to depend on the laser? You don't remove your sights then become solely dependent on the laser. I want to utilize every trick, device, or whatever the case may be to increase my odds of survival in the event of a self defense situation. Throw down your slingshot and come with us into the future.
Chuck43 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)