Sight help please. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2018, 10:31 AM   #1

Sight help please.

In trying to replace my front sight on my Ultra I see that there is a lot of different sizes, height and width. Very confusing to me and the place I wanted to buy from canít help either.
So, do any of you know where I can find such info or does anyone know what the specs are for the front sight of my Kimber Ultra Carry II ?
Thanks.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #2

I just installed a set of XS big dot sights on my wife's Micro CDPLG. I ordered them from their website and they tell you on the package specifically it is made for the Kimber Micro. I don't know if you like the big dot sights but they make them for almost any hand gun out there. Her Micro Bel Air received the night sights from the CDP, so it got an upgrade also.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #3

I don't know what kind of front sight you are wanting to put on but they usually come as a set so that they match up in height with the rear site. Sometimes they take a bit of filing work to get them installed.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I should have been more specific. I looked at the XS big dot, liked them but they are Tritium and I want Fiber Optics. If someone has a micrometer would you measure from the slide to the top of the sight on an ultra Carry and also the width of the base of the sight. That’s what I need.
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #5

I just checked my Ultra Carry II sights. With the sights still on the gun, the measurements are only approximates. Height is .250", width of the base is .40", the dovetail is .3185" long, and the blade width is .1455". I hope this helps.
daveh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:37 AM   #6

Skip, I have these sights on several guns and they are pretty nice. It a combination of tritium and fiber optics. Day or night they green. They also have some with an orange ring. The list price is high but you can find them much cheaper on other sites. These are specifically for Kimber.

TRUGLOģ | Brite•Site™ TFX™
Chuck43 likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:27 AM   #7

I am going through the same thing now - looking at the Big Dot and the Tru-Glo FS was to long for the Raptor - sat over the scalloping on the slide...Where in West Central FL - I am in Trinity. Looking at the XS sight system - my work. Wish I could find a shop local that would have them set up to look at.
Jerry1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #8

Thanks everyone. Ones I’m looking at have one in .280 height so that’s probably what I need. JC, I believe there was a post on here that said those sights were sharp and cut his hand when he racked the slide. Have you found any problems with them? Looks like a great idea for day and night use.
Jerry, I’m south of you in Tampa around the airport area.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:23 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Thanks everyone. Ones Iím looking at have one in .280 height so thatís probably what I need. JC, I believe there was a post on here that said those sights were sharp and cut his hand when he racked the slide. Have you found any problems with them? Looks like a great idea for day and night use.
Jerry, Iím south of you in Tampa around the airport area.
Iíve never had that problem. I have these sights on my M&P45, Walther PPQ M2, M&P9 and my Shield that I sold, all guns I have carried. I donít have a 1911 with them.
Wingnut likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Thanks guys, I should have been more specific. I looked at the XS big dot, liked them but they are Tritium and I want Fiber Optics.
Y'know... some sights offer you the best of both worlds. Last night I put a set of TruGlo TFX Pro's on my new HK.
Bigdog and Wingnut like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote