Kimber Forum

Kimber Forum (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/)
-   Kimber Talk (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kimber-talk/)
-   -   Troubles with my Alien Gear Holster (https://www.kimbertalk.com/forums/kimber-talk/56166-troubles-my-alien-gear-holster.html)

JimmyK 07-30-2018 11:54 AM

Troubles with my Alien Gear Holster

I carry a full sized Kimber 1911 (Hero Custom II) in an IWB holster from Alien Gear. I have lately noticed that every night when I take it off the manual safety has come undone (moved to the off position). Yikes!! Does anyone else who carries IWB have this problem? Or can someone recommend a holster that doesn't have this problem?

Chuck43 07-30-2018 12:35 PM

I don't have much good to say about that company, I got fed up with their lack of customer service and rid of the holster.

bhunted 07-30-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck43 (Post 869654)
I don't have much good to say about that company, I got fed up with their lack of customer service and rid of the holster.

Boy you hold onto grudges. Hes more concerned about the safety...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2sharp2 07-30-2018 12:48 PM

Sorry, don't like plastic holster's or plastic pistols. I'm a leather holster old school kind of guy. I would switch to a good leather holster. But that's just me.

bhunted 07-30-2018 01:16 PM

Troubles with my Alien Gear Holster

Look, I have 4 of their holsters and no prob with safety. Cant someone with his model gun help the poor guy w/o beating up his choice of holsters?
PS, they are only about 50% kydex. They are leather or Neoprene.

bhunted 07-30-2018 01:19 PM

BTW, I have the SOC, (pretty much same gun) and no issues. Fell asleep laying on a 3 Covert and no prob. Sooooooo......[emoji846]

Aggie 07-30-2018 02:31 PM

I'd contact them.

Contact Us

If they don't help, time to look at other holsters.

Rick in Oregon 07-30-2018 02:32 PM

I carry both of my EDC Ultra's in a IWB Milt Sparks VM2, have now for over 20 years, and my Micro 9 in an Adams Leatherworks IWB rig without the safety ever coming off any of my pistols.....ever.

Occasionally I carry my 1911's in a Galco shoulder rig and have never had a safety come off with that rig either.

And not that it matters one iota, I'm also old school....no plastic holsters or pistols thank you. I feel neoprene is best saved for wetsuits, and Kydex is probably good for something, I just can't think of what that is.

Having been born in the late Jurassic Period, steel and leather have served me quite well now for a tad over 50 years. :)

Aggie 07-30-2018 02:32 PM

I'd contact them.

Contact Us

If they don't help, time to look at other holsters.

wayne 07-30-2018 02:59 PM

I have one of their holsters and a couple different shells for it, I never had a issue with my safety coming off.
Personally found their holsters to be bulky and somewhat cumbersome to wear. I do like the way hold the gun though. The size of the holster may be causing the safety to get moved.