Ultra CDP II FTRB - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #1

Ultra CDP II FTRB

Ok I have a new Ultra CDP II and it runs pretty bad and is getting worse in the break in. The only saving grace is that when it shoots it is tight and accurate. The best groupings I get so far. Have a Para LDA and Springfield KDM

I have run 800 rounds and still get a FTRB every mag now, in the beginning it was every other mag.. I have tried 3 kimber mags that run the best then 2 chip McCormick and one Wilson combat that is well depressing. The rounds are mostly ball from Remington and Federal and Sellor. I have run 200 JHP from Remington with great success and the 100 from Hornady with good function. I have replaced the recoil spring, no help. Most are just a partial misfeed and I see that the case is getting caught and crimping mid shell. Now the slide is just not going back into battery. All this with fresh cleaning and oil. I just broke it down for cleaning and there is a slight bur all around the barrel. I am at a loss for what to do next. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
duglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-10-2018, 04:44 AM   #2

Welcome, sorry about your problems. Folks will be along shortly to help you out. Most still asleep. I will say that I would have sent it back to Kimber by now. My UCII had numerous stove pipes in first 200 rounds, called Kimber and they wanted it back. Two weeks later it was returned and has been perfect ever since.
Those with much more knowledge than I will be along shortly.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:45 AM   #3

duglas, you should call customer service and let them take care of this issue.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/contact
2sharp2, DaveinNC and Wingnut like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2018, 06:17 AM   #4
Super Moderator

As Skip and John have already suggested give Kimber's customer service a call and explain the problem you're experiencing.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Great thank you for the help I will be calling them today.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #6

Have you checked your extractor tension ? It could have some crud built up and not allowing it to do its job effectively.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #7

I did check and clean the extractor and the tension, The tension might need to be a little tighter but when testing it the tension seems fine. IE it holds the round to the slide with out falling out.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #8

Originally Posted by duglas View Post
I did check and clean the extractor and the tension, The tension might need to be a little tighter but when testing it the tension seems fine. IE it holds the round to the slide with out falling out.
Gotcha. If the tension was too tight, it could cause a FTRB, essentially, not allowing the incoming round to slide up into the extractor groove
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #9

I just picked up my Ultra CDP II yesterday and put a couple of hundred rounds through it (after first cleaning it). First Kimber and impressed with how accurate this is for such a short barrel. No problems using the Kimber mag that came with it, or a couple of Wilson Combat mags.

I took my Sig P220 along as well. More accurate, but itís a much bigger gun. Realized after shooting the Ultra that I much prefer its trigger to the Sigís, which has a lot of take up in it.m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dlb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:59 PM   #10

Originally Posted by dlb56 View Post
I just picked up my Ultra CDP II yesterday and put a couple of hundred rounds through it (after first cleaning it). First Kimber and impressed with how accurate this is for such a short barrel. No problems using the Kimber mag that came with it, or a couple of Wilson Combat mags.

I took my Sig P220 along as well. More accurate, but itís a much bigger gun. Realized after shooting the Ultra that I much prefer its trigger to the Sigís, which has a lot of take up in it.m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congratulations on your Ultra CDP, it really is a great pistol and so is the Sig P220.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote